Help with Omni Pro 2

dj2099113

Our church has an Omni Pro 2 that the dealer who installed left us without the installer code or the ability to make any changes to zones or anything and refuses to come service it or provide any other services.

I would like to edit one of our zones to be a keyswitch so i can remotely arm and disarm. Is there any place i can get access to PC Access or buy a liscence for it. Or would anyone be willing to help me to find my installer code. I've been punching in every number from 0-9999 but that's extremely tedious. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum @dj2099113.

What might work is if you utilize PCA for dealer access using the two lines of keys for network access.  Connect to the panel and download the configuration.

Thinking the installer codes will show up as they are used for serial access (console or a serial PCA connection).

Or call Leviton about your issue and have them fix the board for you.

pete_c said:
Welcome to the Cocoontech forum @dj2099113.

What might work is if you utilize PCA for dealer access using the two lines of keys for network access.  Connect to the panel and download the configuration.
I don't have PC Access that's what I'm saying I'm trying to see if someone has a copy of it that i can use and someplace that i can find/buy a license for it. 

But could you give me some step by step instructions on how to do this that would be very helpful. 

pete_c said:
Thinking the installer codes will show up as they are used for serial access (console or a serial PCA connection).

Or call Leviton about your issue and have them fix the board for you.
What option should i use for Leviton, most of the posts say that you send it to them they will reset it and send it back but if that's not an option for us what can i do? 

I don't have PC Access that's what I'm saying I'm trying to see if someone has a copy of it that i can use and someplace that i can find/buy a license for it. 

Googled PC Access for dealers and only find it at electrical houses for around $240 or so.

Do you have the Omni Panel connected to the internet?  

Not sure how much it would cost for Leviton to reset it for you.  IE: you would have to remove the panel and send it over to Leviton.

PM me and I may be able to do this remotely.

Thinking you only need the installer code when connecting to the panel via a serial port console or PCA.

I would connect to it via the network using the key code and download configuration and read the installer code for it.

Hey by any chance do you have any time today? I'm at the church where the system is and ill be here for a good amount of time.

Hi 
I have an HAI OmniPro II at my home. I have about 30 leviton light switches that are programmed but i also have another twenty that need programing. I cant find that hai

Leviton Vrusb-1us Vizia RF + USB Stick. Is there any other alternatives available to program the leviton light switches and add them to what i already have. I did hear about samsung smartthings will that interface with my current config?

Thanks

Rehan

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum Rehan.

The Z-Wave network is unique to a controller.  That said you can replicate one ZWave network to different controllers but you cannot talk between controllers if that makes any sense.

Way long time ago while testing OmniPro 2 - HAI VCOP ZWave PIM used the Leviton / HAI remote control.  IE: VRCPG-SG Vizia RF+ Z-Wave Remote Control https://www.smarthome-products.com/...zia-rf-z-wave-remote-control-with-timers.aspx

It worked for me but was a bit awkward to use.

The Samsung hub worked but it was a PITA to transfer the ZWave network from the Samsung Hub to the VRCOP or vice versa.

What I found that worked was using Homeseer and a ZWave card inside of an RP2.  I put the ZWave network on the ZWave card (ZWave dot me or Razberry) inside of the RPi2.  I then pushed the ZWave network and devices over to the HAI VRCOP.  The device numbers remained and that is what I used for the VRCOP to OmniPro 2 panel programming.  

Personally I like the way Homeseer manages the ZWave controller.  

Personally (well and my opinion) is to

1 - Purchase a Leviton VR-CPG-SG Vizia RF remote control.  I have seen these used on Ebay for $50 or
2 - Use Homeseer or a Razberry Pi (with ZWave card) and rebuild your ZWave network with this device and send it to the VRCOP.  All you do is tell the ZWave card to broadcast the network for a second controller and then put the VRCOP in receiving mode (pressing the little button on it.).

3 - build a new ZWave network with the Samsung Hub and tell the Samsung Hub to broadcast or replicate that network out to the VRCOP.  A real PITA to do.

I still have a VRCOP plugged in to the OmniPro 2 panel today.  No ZWave devices though I was only testing them at one time.  

The Leviton / HAI VRCOP is just a serial ZWave controller which plugs in to the OmniPro 2 panel with a custom RJ cable.

When you press the little button on the controller it goes in to receiving mode.

Back