Help with setup and wiring

no12be

Hi all,

I just got a whole home automation toys but i have no idea how to hookup these things (i'm just know a VERY little about electronic). I will try to do this project by my self.

So here is what i got:

1. Ocelot
2. Secu-16
3. secu-16ir
4. Xantech Smartpad LCD
5. IRstation
6. Edgeport/421
7. psc05
8. usb ir receiver
9. pocket pc
10. girder 4 pro
11. girder remote
12. couple of x-10 stuffs
13. 1st floor: projector, lcd, 2 laptop, 2 computer, 1 sirius, 1 sansa connect, 1 ipod, 2 pocket pc, 1 new server ( never install, will use as movie server), amplifier, processor with 7.1 setup, 4 dvd players, HTPC with HDMI out and digital sound out (mainly use).
14. kid room is just dvd player, lcd and mini stereo.
15. second floor: LCD and rceiver with 5,1 setup.
16. 4 cameras with lorex dvm2400 usb.
17. alarm system dsc632.

Now i could like to setup that i control whole house (tv, music, light, camera, alarm...) with pocketpc, xantech touchpad, (maybe with 15" touch screen later) and with web acess.

Can someone help me how to connect these thing together (diagram). What else do i need to buy?How can i program?
I been reading through different forums but not clear what should be done.

Any help greatly appreciate.
Thanks
Vu

BTW: I will running 2 port of cat6 and 2 port of rg6 each room (Homerun type) after this project.

Attachments

• Diagram_1.pdf
    508.4 KB · Views: 22
I'm not familiar with most of that equipment, but i'd defnitely run a 3rd RG6 and ideally 4 total CAT to each room. You can use that for a variety of purposes, and if you're doing it yourself, it's not much harder to run 4 than 2.

I'm not familiar with most of that equipment, but i'd defnitely run a 3rd RG6 and ideally 4 total CAT to each room. You can use that for a variety of purposes, and if you're doing it yourself, it's not much harder to run 4 than 2.

Why using that much of rg6 and cat6 cables?

Why using that much of rg6 and cat6 cables?

One of the RG6's could be used for cable (or satellite). The other for a house attic antenna for any stereos you may have. And the third could be used for the CCTV security camera feeds you may have in the future. Of course these are just ideas of uses for the cables. You can use them for whatever you want.

Cat5's those can be used for anything. Internet, phone (VOIP or old-school), and anything else with a signal. Look up the word 'balun' and see what those are. Basically you can get baluns for each end of the cat5 and run something else through the cat5. An example would be VGA run through a cat5 via baluns./

Don't forget that everything in the future will run off the internet. You could actually use 4 internet cat5's in a bedroom. Think about it.....computer, cable box (tivo?), xbox 360, and HTPC. There, that's 4 used cat5e's..... Pretty soon, everyone will be runin 8

Don't forget that everything in the future will run off the internet. You could actually use 4 internet cat5's in a bedroom. Think about it.....computer, cable box (tivo?), xbox 360, and HTPC. There, that's 4 used cat5e's..... Pretty soon, everyone will be runin 8

In most locations where I have a stereo/TV and had run just 1 Cat5, I now have had to install a 5 port mini-switch to increase the network connections.

In most locations where I have a stereo/TV and had run just 1 Cat5, I now have had to install a 5 port mini-switch to increase the network connections.

Thank you for your inputs. I will install 4 cat6 . Hopefully 1 roll ( 1000 feet) is enough.

BTW: I did figured it out. I connected from Ir Bus and Gnd out to Ocelot Ir receiver. Now I have another question. What is the efficiency way to control IR? Should I use Ocelot for x10 and Xantech touchscreen with irsattion for IR control or ocelot with secu16ir and irstation for x10 and ir then use touchscreen to trigger it?
I using girder and netremote and mx500 remote.

Thanks
Vu

Back