Help with using the original W800 Plugin on HomeSeer 2

JohnWPB

I have been trying to get the W800 plugin that was written for HS 1.7x to work with HS2. I have found TONS of posts on the HS forums that people are using it with HS2 just fine by Rupp, Jon00 and many others.

My question is how exactly does one get it to work with HS2. I have installed the files in System 32. the OCX and DLL in the HomeSeer dir.

I see this in the HS2 log when it starts up:

12/6/2009 1:20:03 AM - Info - Found plug-in: W800 RF (32Bit) Controller, version: 2.1.0.0

When I go into HS setup/interfaces, it lists:

W800 RF (32Bit) Controller ENABLED hspi_W800RF.ocx 2.1.0.0 License Included

When I enable it (like the line copied above), if I reload the page, it again shows that it is disabled. Also, where can I tell HS2 what com port to use for the W800? I have used the W800 demo app, and can receive codes and such, and it is currently on Com 4.

I am simply trying to monitor a couple of DS10a door and window switches, and thus do not want to spend the $40 for the HS2 plugin.

John,

I initially used the base "free" plugin that HS provided for use with the W800. I know what port I am using by the documentation that I have written from the Serial port devices that I have connected. If you are using legacy comm ports its typically com1 and or com2. You can change this typically in the BIOS settings. For my setup I use two USB to serial port boxes giving me 16 serial ports. This are all assigned to specific com ports with a Digi application.

Review what you are using today for HS2 and using deduction / documented ports you should be able to figure out the correct com port. Once enabled you will get a message that its connected. When enabling the "save" the page, don't refresh the page, then click on the link for the page and you should see it enabled.

You will see in the column under "Plug-in Status" "Interface OK" when configured and connected.

I already know it is on COM 4 as I am able to communicate with it with the demo app. I just do not know how set it to com 4 for HS2, so it knows where to look for it. For instance, the CM11A has a column where you can set the com port for it to use. There is no such text entry column with the W800 showing either disabled or enabled

As for not refreshing the page, no matter what I do, it will not stay "enabled" If I click on "Enable" it turns green and enables, and in the far right column it says "Interface Ok". If I click the "Save" button on the bottom of the screen, The page refreshes and shows that is is once again disabled. The same is the case if I go to any other link on the page, refresh the page, or anything at all, then come back to the Interfaces page, it shows disabled, and the far right column is once again empty not showing that the interface is "Ok".

<RANT> Have I mentioned how much I absolutely HATE the web interface for HS2!!!!!! Give me a standard application, and not have to rely on a fracking web browser and reloading pages and crap! :) Yes, the web server can be handy for remote access, but HS 1.7x had this as well!! </RANT>

John,
I no longer use the free version either. The new ACRF2 plugin works with the RFCs hardware and this allows me to use the Oregon Scientific temp and humidity sensors as well as other devices like RF scales and floating water temp sensors so I abandoned it. Oh and my wireless meat thermometer which is my favorite as I can have the whole house audio announce when the steaks are done.

Hi John,

It's been a while but didn't the config page for the original acrf plug-in hide behind all the other open windows ?

Its been "years" since I've used it but I believe that it did have its own pop up. I'll check in that it might still be installed on another server that I used to run HS on....actually found a still working and running version of 1.7X...but it only had the MR26 setup on it....interesting I had forgotten what it looked like and yes at that time it was managed and configured via a GUI versus the browser interface.

Hi John,

It's been a while but didn't the config page for the original acrf plug-in hide behind all the other open windows ?

Yes, on 1.7x I think it did hide behind HS. However, in HS2 I see no way to even tell it I want to configure it, thus no hidden window. I have read so many posts in searching on how to get this to work, that people have gotten it to work, just not how :eek:

If you do not find a solution and want a free solution then xapmcsRF handles it as well as the RFXCOM hardware. It presents an xAP LAN interface to HS which is supported with plugins for both 1.x which I use and 2.x.

John - I have it working, but I upgraded from 1.7 to 2 and it has always just worked so I didn't look at how. Now I see your problem. I searched my whole HS directory for file containing w800 and didn't get a useful hit. The only hits I got were PDF files so obviously not what we need.

I'm now searching the registry. But don't think the search will be done before I go do bed so won't have results until sometime tomorrow. (sorry, HS is a VERY old box).

Sorry John, I've been rather slow on this. Here are the registry entries I found related to the W800. The comport is listed in a couple of places. Hopefully with this you will be able to get it up and running.

Attachments

• w800_1.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 46
Sorry John, I've been rather slow on this. Here are the registry entries I found related to the W800. The comport is listed in a couple of places. Hopefully with this you will be able to get it up and running.

That did it! Thank you! I edited the .txt you attached, changed the paths to HS2, changed the Com port to 3, saved it as .reg, double clicked and POOF!

Now when I go into the interfaces page for HS2, I can enable the plugin, and then click Config to set the com port (as it always did, the config pops up behing the browser window)

Thank you again!!!!!!!

Back