Home automation UI with android, tasker, zooper, autovera

signal15

I'm building this UI using widgets on the Android desktop so I'm not limited in what I can put on it like I would be with a home automation application.  However, I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do this, since I have to create SO much stuff in Tasker for each light, plus a ton of stuff in Zooper.  

Anyone have ideas?  I've posted a video of what I have so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFw4TNxu1E8

Widgets on Android feature is coming to CastleOS is the very near future, along with an Android Wear app. It will be fully integrated so you won't have to do all that manual scripting. 

ChrisCicc said:
Widgets on Android feature is coming to CastleOS is the very near future, along with an Android Wear app. It will be fully integrated so you won't have to do all that manual scripting. 

That doesn't do me a lot of good since I'm on Vera.  Not only that, but CastleOS does not support my LiteTouch system that I can see, and it would be very difficult if not impossible to have CastleOS do all of the things I have the Vera doing right now.

signal15 said:
That doesn't do me a lot of good since I'm on Vera.  Not only that, but CastleOS does not support my LiteTouch system that I can see, and it would be very difficult if not impossible to have CastleOS do all of the things I have the Vera doing right now.

Possible device support issues aside, like what? 

signal15 said:
...and it would be very difficult if not impossible to have CastleOS do all of the things I have the Vera doing right now.

This is a joke, right???
Vera is one of the simplest systems ever made. I'm willing to bet there's nothing it can do that ANY other HA system can't mimic. In fact, I know for sure that my system can do way more than Vera can. I know this because I put a Vera in my mothers house just to give her some automation. It's a very limited system to say the least.

As far as this topic... just get Elve (it's free now), integrate it with the Vera, and stop wasting your time with widgets.

I've actually considered the same thing but haven't done nearly the research you have. My thought was to see if there is a way to embed a custom HTML page in a widget and then just write HTML5/CCS3/Javascript pages that would then become the widgets. Another alternative would be to wrap the final HTML "app" in some native widget code and side-load it on the device. 

Keep us updated, looks like a cool project.

Terry

Back