HomeSeer and Stargate SG_IP

Interesting problem. I have not seen it but then I am not doing much control via WebX at the moment. I'll make it a point to start doing more with the web interface to see if I see the same issue. How long does it take for the problem to become noticeable?

upstatmike,

It had been running for at least five hours before I tried to access the SG-IP through the WebX webpage interface and the HomeRunner application running on my tablet pcs.

HomeSeer was communicating just fine with the SG-IP over the Com 1 serial port which I had hooked into the WebX IP board.

It is interesting that communicating with the SG-IP with the WEVM and the Mega Controller does not seem to cause a problem. However, when I am using WEVM I am obviously not trying to communicate with the SG-IP through the WebX LAN interface.

I have posted this problem on the HomeSeer JDS Stargate subforum and on the JDS user group forum.

Hope that someone can provide me with a path forward.

Regards,
TCIII

Hi all,

After receiving some very helpful responses (Mark S., Uncle Michael, RJ) on the HS JDS plug-in subforum, I performed the following:

Disconnected my RC Systems TTS board from the SG Com 2 and followed the instructions in the JDS plug-in help file to install the JDS plug-in on the SG-IP Com 2 port.

It took a couple of restarts of HS and a restart of the SG-IP, but I have successfullly interfaced HS to the SG-IP through the SG Com 2 port.

I presently have WinEVM talking to the SG-IP WebXpander daughter card which communicates with the SG Com 1 port. So far, I have exercised both HS, WinEVM and the WebXpander interface without any incidents. Obviously I am not exercising all three at the same time and, who knows, there may be some long term issues that will only surface with continued use.

This success has given me the courage to install ML3C and ML3S to eventually replace the JDS HomeRunner and PocketWebX applications that I presently use to remotely communicate with the SG through the WebXpander.

Because I am using two different pcs to run WinEVM and HS, it looks like I will not have to use the software port splitter. I can access the SG-IP with either WinEVM on the serial port or through HS on the HS webpage interface.

Regards,
TCIII

Hi all

HS and the SG-IP have been running in the SG Com 2 configuration for almost 24 hours and the Events and Log pages are being updated regularly from the SG.

I did note that the WebXpander did not update the time automatically at 7:30pm yesterday since I went to this new Com port configuration. However, there are times when it will occasionally miss a day.

I have noticed that when setting the SG time from the HS Stargate Control Panel, the time will be updated correctly, but even with the correct Lon/Lat, the SG Status page will come back with Sunrise/Sunset times that are eight hours earlier than they should be.

When I set the time using WinEVM, the HS Stargate Control SG Status page will indicated the correct Sunrise/Sunset times. Is it necessary to put a "+" in front of the Lon/Lat and not assume that Lon/Lat values are interpreted as "+" if they are not preceded with a "-"?

Regards,
TCIII

Back