Honeywell 5800PIR-RES Install Issue

I am having a problem installing my first wireless sensor. Wire sensors on my ELKM1G are working fine.

I have successfully enrolled the M1XRF2H receiver but have not been able to have the 5800PIR-RES trip an alarm.

I can see that the Receiver is getting the motion signal, but no alarm.

Here are a few questions related to this issue:

1. Is there a way to increase the reporting level in the log?

2. The M1XRF2H Install Manual does not have the 5800PIR-RES list as a compatible "5800" transmitter. IS it compatible?

3. Since this sensor does not have a tamper switch, I am trying to use Enroll Method 1. IS this correct?

4. Step 1 in the process is "Loop MUST first be programmed to a "1" as follows: press keypad left arrow labeled "HW". Move cursor to Loop using the right arrow."
I have not been able to get the "Loop setting" working from the keypad.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Many thanks, Paul

5800 series transmitters always have the tamper on loop 4. PIR's have the detector on loop 1.

I would get the ESN and program that over learning in the detector.

The PIR has a 2 minute "sleep" between transmissions. If you arm the system, you need to wait 2 minutes before it will send an alarm...battery conservation.

5800 series transmitters always have the tamper on loop 4. PIR's have the detector on loop 1.

I would get the ESN and program that over learning in the detector.

The PIR has a 2 minute "sleep" between transmissions. If you arm the system, you need to wait 2 minutes before it will send an alarm...battery conservation.

So, the question I have at this point is ... How do I change the tamper to loop 1?

Thanks, Paul

So, the question I have at this point is ... How do I change the tamper to loop 1?

Thanks, Paul

Sorry, I just found the answer, in the RP2 software, on the Wireless Setup window, there is a dropdown entry to sent the Loop at the bottom of the screen. But, I still can not get the motion to trigger an alarm.

I am having trouble to enroll my 5800PIR-RES. No matter what, the system can not "learn" it. I am using enroll method 2 per the documentation, but can not get it to work.

I searched the forum and found this thread, but there is no solution. So I reactivate it...

I am using the new keypad KPNAV.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Program the ESN and loop in manually, far easier and more reliable than learning in a device.

Test the device by staying out of view of it for 90 seconds/2 mins. then cross the coverage pattern.

Program the ESN and loop in manually, far easier and more reliable than learning in a device.

Test the device by staying out of view of it for 90 seconds/2 mins. then cross the coverage pattern.

Thank you guys, I was able to program it. I manually entered the number I found inside the sensor too. The real trick is what you said - the transmission only happens every 3 mins so I thought it was not working.
BTW What does ESN stands for?

Electronic Serial Number

In Honeywell's example it is 7 digits followed by a loop on the transmitter to identify what specifically on the device is transmitting (detector, tamper, individual fob button, etc.)

In other manufacturer's they are typically given in hexadecimal values.

Hmm, I thought I made it work, but it looks like it still does not.

I have 5800PI-RES and a 5890PI - I manually enrolled using ELkRP and ESN. Now I have a couple of questions:

IN "Wireless Setup", there is "Option 1 and Option 2" - I did not choose any of them because I do not understand what they are. However, I did check the "Enable" checkbox - although I still do not understand what it does.

I chose "Loop 1" for both of them, and I manually entered the 7 digit ESN in "H ID" field - it automatically generated "Tx ID" and "DL" values for me.

For the 5800PI-RES Zone, it always shows NOrmal - never triggered.
For the 5890PI Zone, it always shows "violated, force armed" - I am not sure what "force armed" means.

Can someone make sense out of this help?

Thanks in advance...

So neither of them work now.

Using RP there's not much to it.

Options are unchecked, auto restore enabled. Normal supervision. Enabled gets checked after a valid ESN is entered.

ESN is entered, loop will always be 1 for a PIR.

There should be no violations or force arm indications. The units should be closed and no tamper conditions should exist.

Put the units out of view, in a drawer, box, etc. and wait 2-3 minutes for the transmission inhibit to expire. Units should trip a single time, then panel should auto restore. The panel will not show a trip each time they see motion like a hardwired unit, just a single one approx. every 2-3 minutes.

To me, it sounds like you're not waiting the amount of time for the transmission inhibit to expire on the 5800PI. The 5890, it sounds like there's an issue with the case/tamper not being closed properly.

I would verify the units are closed properly, cases not tweaked or similar, then verify using pages 8-10 of the RF2H manual for configuration.

Thanks - Yes I did exactly the same thing you said. How about the "Definition"? Will it have any impact on the behavior? I tried both 01=Burglar Entry/Exit and 04=Burglar Interior. Both are the same.
I am using "Type": 0=EOL Supervised/RF.

I will check them one more time.

DEl - you are absolutely right about the 5890PI: I bought a used one on Ebay. The curious seller or someone before him must have took out the circuit board and screwed it back. However, when he screwed it back, he screwed it upsidedown, so the case tampering switch was not closed when I have the case closed. I re-installed the circuit board, cover the case, and I can see the reed switch is closed, and everything worked!

As far as 5800PI-RES, I am still struggling. I am thinking maybe it is because the wireless signal is weak... will update later

Back