How to silence ElkM1 voices when activating Night

johnnynine

How can I prevent the voice amplifier from turning on when switching from stay mode to night mode.

If the home is in stay mode and I currently press stay again to place the system in night mode, the voice amplifier turns on and the system speaks. I do not want either of these to happen because I have the Elk M1 hooked into the intercom system and don't want to wake anyone up that may already sleeping.

I did create a rule that was something like... whenever alarm is set to night mode, turn off non-alarm voices. That did prevent the Elk from speaking, but the Elk still turned on the amplifier, which produces a pop in the intercom system (for reasons I won't go into here). But this pop will wake a person up.

The only thing I can think of is creating a function key task that turns off non-alarm voices. This button could then be pressed at any time between pressing stay mode and night mode.

Any other ideas?

You can write a Rule to Mute all non alarm voices upon arming in the Stay Mode. When an alarm is triggered, unmute the non alarm voices.

Spanky said:
You can write a Rule to Mute all non alarm voices upon arming in the Stay Mode. When an alarm is triggered, unmute the non alarm voices.
I'll give this a try, thanks.

UPDATE:

The amplifier still turns on when I do the above. As described before this causes the intercom to pop.

This pop occurs when a relay is opened on the intercom via Output 3. The following rule simulates pressing the "talk" button on a intercom pad, then the voice annunciations are sent on another wire...

WHENEVER AUDIO AMPLIFIER STATUS TURNS ON
THEN TURN Output 3 ON

I suppose I could use Output 206 to keep track of the non-alarm voice status and only allow output 3 to open when non-alarm voices are allowed.

I was hoping for something simpler?

I just set the (Areax) Night Mode voice entry to all {blank}. :)

But, there are some non-alarm voices I want to hear if something happens.

Back