I want Elk to talk to Russound!!

Elk RM is a great interface with Russound, but I want more! The HAI interface allows for turning zones on/off and responding to many conditions from their panel. Does anyone out there have info, scripts, etc. to allow at least the ability to turn off all Russ zones when armed away? Anyone....?

Elk RM is a great interface with Russound, but I want more! The HAI interface allows for turning zones on/off and responding to many conditions from their panel. Does anyone out there have info, scripts, etc. to allow at least the ability to turn off all Russ zones when armed away? Anyone....?

I've had some correspondance with the Elk employee responsible for the RM software, and it's something they are working on. Can't comment on any time frame as I don't have that information.

Cheers,
Paul

The ELK IP232 serial to ethernet module is just now becoming available. With a new version of ELKRM and the IP232 module you can talk with the Russound CAV/CAM 6.6 system along with their music server. Any computer or touchscreen that can run the Windows based ELKRM software becomes a client to the ELK empowered Russound system server. This includes the ELK TS-07 LCD touchscreen.

Russound System -> IP232 -> Ethernet/Internet -> ELKRM running on a PC, UMPC, Touchscreen, or PDA

Hi Spanky,

I think what the original poster was inquiring about are Elk "rules" to allow for control of the Russound system...

Example: Turn off all Russound music zones when the system is armed in away mode, etc.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Spanky,

I think what the original poster was inquiring about are Elk "rules" to allow for control of the Russound system...

Example: Turn off all Russound music zones when the system is armed in away mode, etc.

Cheers,
Paul
You are correct Sir! RM is working great with my cav66 thru a GC100. I need "rules".

Hi Spanky,

Cheers,
Paul
You are correct Sir! RM is working great with my cav66 thru a GC100. I need "rules".

The ELM RM is awesome with the Russound stuff. I'm just upset that I have to spend 4 figures to have my Ipod/Ibridge/Cam66 working with ELK.

HomeSeer can talk to both the Elk and Russound so you could use that to create the triggers and actions you want.

-Rich

Hi Spanky,

Cheers,
Paul

The ELM RM is awesome with the Russound stuff. I'm just upset that I have to spend 4 figures to have my Ipod/Ibridge/Cam66 working with ELK.

ChrisW, the ELKRM guru, needs to answer this one to see what easter eggs he might have laid!

Back