INDS1 Door Station

Hey All, on a whim I purchased one of these, thinking I could integrate it in real quick and easy like, of course many months have passed and I'm just now getting to it and would love some advice. 

First I was hoping I could use this as a "Door Bell" as well as its other functions, but I cannot find anyway to use this in "automation" within PC Access. Am I missing something? Was hoping to send an alert, or beep, or something to HIFI2... Main goal, was to "beep/alert" the house, and send a picture of who was at the door to cell phones. The 2 way audio/video functionality, was just going to be a bonus.

Second, I only have Omni Touch 7 screen in my house, and it is running the leviton/bitwise firmware and talking to my BC1. Will this touchscreen still work for the sip functionality?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. 

--Evan

With the current software release, the INDS1 is only designed to interoperate with the OT7.  Since Levition is not the manufacturer of the INDS1, I'm guessing the only real changes we may see will be with regard to the built-in relay, which technically you could use as a hard wired zone switch to apply some automation rules with PC Access and create your beep/alert for the house.  Leviton however would like you to purchase a bunch of OT7s and deploy those everywhere in your house, which means you'll get the ringing when "doorbell" call button is pushed on the INDS1. 

The intended purpose of the relay was to open a door strike or similar.  If I remember correctly from early testing we performed on the INDS1, I don't believe the IP camera was ONVIF compliant, so limits the ability to monitor with most NVR systems, that could possibly upload a snapshot.  Perhaps a more creative method would be to load a SIP client on your cell phones and simply receive a SIP call from the INDS1 with video (might be better than a pic depending on network performance).

i was able to get the door station installed and functioning with the OT7's 

has anyone else had any luck integrating the door station with pc access automation?

With minimal PC Access control, the INDS1's intercom functionality is somewhat limited so I'm not sure what is meant by "pc access automation".

Technically there is no "automation" option for the INDS1 which is sad for buyers given how long it's been on the market but you could use a SIP Relay to trigger a zone and use that in a PC Access automation rule.  Leviton does not manufacturer the INDS1 so you could go back to the original manufacturer and see if they have a firmware release for the unit that can use the on-board relay.  Frankly, for the price and lack of keycard capability, you might want to look at other door phone intercoms.

Back