Interesting problem with X10 wireless 4005X

Xpendable

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but I had been busy with getting Light Show Master to market.

I have a 4005X X10 receiver ( http://www.smarthome.com/4005x.html ) and 3 of the Eagle Eye motion sensors in my house. I also have a Craftsman garage door opener (sorry, I don't have the model number handy).

I noticed awhile back that I was having a lot of problems with the wireless transmitters for my garage door opener. It was as if something was jamming the signal. My garage door opener and my fiance's garage door opener, and even the wireless keypad on the outside of the garage door frame wouldn't open the door until after numerous attempts (10-50!) were made, even while standing directly in front of the door. A few times we even gave up and walked in the front door. I had assumed that the signal was being jammed by a neighbor or something.

I recently unplugged the 4005x and discovered my garage door transmitters now work perfectly from at least 300 feet away! So it looks like the 4005x is jamming the garage door signal. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? If the Insteon RF motion sensors are ever released in the next 10 years, I'll use them. But until then... I've decided to stop using my X10 motion detectors.

Back