IP Cameras & Elk TS07

Sacedog

I have seen the very short list of approved IP cameras on the Elk website, that can be used with the TS07. Are these the only cameras that can be viewed on the TS07? It would seem that you could use any camera with the web browser. What additional functionality do you gain with the "approved" cameras?

The TS07 is not showing the entire webpage that can be generated by an IP camera. That would make the picture very small. The TS07 extracts the video information from the webpage and displays that information on the LCD screen. The format of the video information varies from IP camera to camera. Each compatible camera has to have a driver in the TS07 to be able to view the video properly.

Thanks for the reply Spanky.

So, I would like to put a camera on the front porch, to view on the TS07. The porch is completely covered, so the camera would not get wet. Would the Panasonic camera do OK in that area, during periods of very high humidity?

Also, if I wanted to put a camera in a slightly more exposed location, are there any enclosures that would work with the Panasonics?

Am I better off just geting an Axis (or other brand) outdoor camera, and using the VIP1 with it, for the two outdoor locations?

So, I would like to put a camera on the front porch, to view on the TS07. The porch is completely covered, so the camera would not get wet. Would the Panasonic camera do OK in that area, during periods of very high humidity?
I use a Panasonic BL-C10A on my covered back porch pool area in Florida (high humidity) with no problems.

Doesn't the Elk support the entire Panasonic family, including the outdoor models? Aren't they all the same interface?

Your other option is to use a DVR like the Dedicated Micros and use any analog camera into it. The TS07 would then connect to one of the cameras connected to the DVR via Ethernet.

...adding to an old thread.

FYI, I was able to add my Axis 207W camera to the TS07 video page, but in a strange way. I used the settings for a still image but got a moving image. The URL for the motion JPEG stream did not work.

Here is what I put into the query field in RM_Setup/Add Camera:

/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=320x240

I set the stream type to "still image."

Again, this results in a live video stream. Go figure.

2601968912_f0e8be86d6.jpg

Just for fun, I tried with a D-Link DCS-920 and it works (both with still camera and MJpeg settings). I think the feed is a little jerky, but this camera is just a cheap piece of equipment anyway. So I wasn't expecting much. I'll run some more tests in the next few days.

The Linksys WVC54GCA I just tried works too. And it seems like it performs a little better than the D-Link.

Attachments

• linksys.png
    linksys.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 10
I wish Elk would conduct their own testing and add to the list of supported cameras. I'm sure camera vendors would be happy to loan demo units for testing purposes. At least for the major brands.

I'm also disappointed that they only support the Dedicated Micros DVR's. For one, their UI is terrible and impossible to navigate. Then to make matters worse the pricing is just beyond ridiculous.

It's been an eerily quiet year for Elk.

Hi,

Can get the D-Link 3200 to work fine but the 5300G ?? Not happening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The 5300 is a MPEG4 camera (I have one), I suspect (not exactly sure for obvious reasons!) that it's not supported. You probably need MJPEG.

Aaron

1. unless you are doing something very different than the market it can be difficult to get cameras from manufacturers sometimes although we have been very fortunate with most of them so far. you really need to develop relationships with these companies to get cameras in many cases.

2. the dvr industry typically has low level api and Elk probably doesn't want to support cameras at that level. things will probably change but it takes time.

I wish Elk would conduct their own testing and add to the list of supported cameras. I'm sure camera vendors would be happy to loan demo units for testing purposes. At least for the major brands.

I'm also disappointed that they only support the Dedicated Micros DVR's. For one, their UI is terrible and impossible to navigate. Then to make matters worse the pricing is just beyond ridiculous.

It's been an eerily quiet year for Elk.

Back