is it possible to make an ELK rule .....

Steve/Elcano's idea is exactly what I am currently using. I had a couple of X10 Motion sensors outside my house, near patio, masterbedroom, etc. I have a rule like this:

Whenever system armed, and time is after 11:00pm
If motion detected (by X10) outside, then turn on Task #1

Task #1
Turn on Patio Light, Turn on Kitchen Light, Turn on Masterbedroom Light, Sound a short beep.

The only thing I might change is to get some outdoor motion detectors that is more reliable than X10.

This I think is better than trying to detect motion in-house when it's occupied. You never know what night you might be up and trip into the motion detection area (in my case, kitchen/family room).

Looks like a really nice idea, however, it might be tough for me to install wires. I will think about it.

Yeah, outside walls are usually tough to runs wires in after the fact. If you can't get them in the wall one option is to come down the outside wall in a small conduit, or if you have wire at the window already for a contact, the wired screen can still be added without additional wiring.

v1rtu0s1ty said:
Looks like a really nice idea, however, it might be tough for me to install wires. I will think about it.
That's why I used the X10 ActiveEye wireless motion sensor. So far they have not given me false activations, but I am still thinking of replacing them with GE wireless motion detectors, since I have a wireless receiver on my M1G.

Back