Premise Is there something in the Premise world that can detect the presence of a cellphone?

Motorola Premise

samgreco

I am looking to detect when my wife or I come home and then trigger actions.  So our cell phones seem the logical thing to use since they are ALWAYS with us.

I don't have any kind of bluetooth connected to the server, but that would be fairly easy to do.  But I know as soon as we pull into our driveway, the phones connect to our wireless network.  So that might be a good option.

If you have android phones, maybe use Tasker? Ellery might know of an easy way to get it working. That would be a useful feature at my house also.

Watch the Tasker videos on my youtube channel, then download the module and documentation from the video description ;)  I'd been doing this for years, and finally decided I'd share my work. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fLTEmRoGam7B5VoKazC9A/

My method is 100% reliable as GPS coordinates get sent to Premise, then Premise calculates your distance from a location (or locations if you want to track when you get to work, etc...).  An adjustable GPS accuracy variable is also used to take care of false triggers, and a distance radius variable ensures a trigger will occur when you or your wife gets close to home.

I know it works as my porch light comes on when I drive up at night, I get a text to track when I arrive at work, etc...

If iOS, you could build an app to emulate the behavoir and protocol of my Tasker javascript; and you can even use it with my Tasker module.  I bet there's scripting support, but I don't own any iOS stuff so don't know.

samgreco said:
I am looking to detect when my wife or I come home and then trigger actions.  So our cell phones seem the logical thing to use since they are ALWAYS with us.

I don't have any kind of bluetooth connected to the server, but that would be fairly easy to do.  But I know as soon as we pull into our driveway, the phones connect to our wireless network.  So that might be a good option.

Ah!  I had forgotten that in your videos.  I'm already using Tasker and Speech Parser, so I just need to find that video/part.  Plus I guess it's time to open up a port to the Premise server from outside.  I have all kinds of stuff open and a couple of extra IPs.

Don't forget to purchase the Cortana app too :)  I just updated it to work with the November Windows 10 update.

One at a time :)  Once I get tasker working the way I want, I'll branch out.  I only have one Windows 10 PC in the house and it's my main desktop.

Any thoughts how to make this work for us Windows Phones users? (I don't know that there is a tasker equivalent for Windows?)

Back