Killing MCE Services

Mike

I am running Sage on an MCE box and while I shut off all the services tied to MCE, two processes seem to pop up (two eh* processes). I wind up stopping them if a reboot is done (otherwise hitting start will fire up MCE and a lot of errors since the other services are stopped).

I'd rather not reinstall the box, and I was wondering if anyone found a better way to do this. I could setup a startup task to kill the processes, but I suspect there is a cleaner approach that I missed.

You can shutdown the services by going to the command prompt (ie. RUN in startup)

type msconfig.. disable all EH* and mce services there.

Went looking for a thread I used way back in the day that had all the services listed, but wasn't lucky on my first few hits :)

I'll try it track it down for you, but if I remember, the services are easily identifiable...

Treetop said:
You can shutdown the services by going to the command prompt (ie. RUN in startup)

type msconfig.. disable all EH* and mce services there.

Went looking for a thread I used way back in the day that had all the services listed, but wasn't lucky on my first few hits :(

I'll try it track it down for you, but if I remember, the services are easily identifiable...
Thank you, I wasn't sure if there was some configuration elsewhere (as I shut down all the other ones).

I'll have this run at startup and be done with it.

Thank you.

Back