Kitchen project

Both of them look great. Nice work guys. I have took on alot of projects over the few years iv been living but never a kitchen reface. I would probably just have riped the whole thing out and let pro's put new stuff it. Looks like that was alot of work. It all turned out nice tho.

Well I now have my Fujitsu 3400 flip mount ready to install under the kitchen cabinet. Here is the front and rear views.

John

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 29
Here is the back. I had to make an adapter plate from the normal LCD TV mount to the Fujitsu 3400.

John

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
Electron,

If you have voip try calling these fella's about those shelf lifter thingy's.

If you don't have voip drop me an email and I will call them for you.

They are about 35 minutes from me.

You'll find them cheaper closer to home but maybe we can find out what they are called.

Sorry forgot the link:

www.berenson.ca

electron said:
I am also looking for the kind of 'platform' for an appliance (i.e. mixer) which can be accessed by opening the cabinet door, and it will rise to counter level while you are pulling it out. I have seen them on TV before, but I can't figure out what they are called or where to get them (or the plans).
Here you go electron... They're not cheap, but it's just what you ordered...

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_detai...er=mixer%20lift

I do custom woodworking in my spare time.

dtperk

Well here is my Fujitsu 3400 mounted under the kitchen cabinet.

John

Attachments

• mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 308
Well here is the latest addition to my wife's kitchen (well sorta).

Its a Amish made Oak Hutch.

Attachments

• hutch.jpg
    hutch.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 27
jwilson,
Nice job on the swing mount. I did one for a StylisticLT (smaller device) from scratch as I was "appalled" with the price of LCD swing mounts ($100 or so) for what they are. How much for the one you used? Does the tablet stay swung up when not in use? Is it a friction fit to keep it raised? I used friction, but it sometimes drops after extended time up. I need to come up with something more robust or another tweek on the existing setup for WAF.

BTW, seperate topic (probably should post in another thread, but oh well) - did you ever get from J Rivers methodology of synching of zones via MediaCenter via NetRemote? J Rivers posted on that "it should be easy enought to figure out, even though it's not in the SDK" - did you find that to be a "true" statement?

I used an Omnimount which I got used off Ebay for $65. It will swing up when not in use and uses friction but also well designed.

As for the sync.... I stayed with my hardware solution for that as it was already in place and works perfect. I have not had reason to try the software solution although I heard stories about it not working well.

John

Back