Leviton Omni Firmware / PCA access / Version 3.16

pete_c

Guru
Started a new topic here just relating to the Leviton HAI Omni panel / PCA software V.3.16 stuff.

Here updated PCA first then firmware to V3.16.

Just to keep it simple here.

PCA check for updates shows:

1 - PC Access 3 (Dealer) English/Italiano/Espanol Verson 3.16.0.808
2 - Checking for new Controller firmware files see every HAI controller Version 3.16 in multiple languages.  I have an OmniPro 2 so I chose HAI OmniPro II Version 3.16 (English)
3 - OmniTouch 7 Firmware Updates - OmniTouch 7 Kernel Version 1.2 (99A00-1/2) - Omnitouch 7 Version 1.14 (99A00-1/2)
4 - Checking for new Omni Notifier Board Firmware files....New Omni Notifier Board firmware found ....Omni Notifier Firmware Version 1.5

During steps 1-4 above I do a search and look and save all of the above mentioned upgrade files.

I always do the PCA no questions asked update.

The help drop down / release notes mentions:

PC Access Version 3.16.0.808 (20/July/2016)

- Controller firmware 3.16 released:
    - Fixed Somfy SDN stop command not working.
    - Improved TCP connection establishment for certain TCP clients.
    - Added support for HLCK6 UPB keypad.
    - Modified to clear any freeze alarm for a non-communicating thermostat.
- Corrected some Italian translation errors.

5 - Next typically update the firmware on the panel which takes a few minutes.

Here only updated the panel firmware and PCA access and will let it run for some 72 hours.  So far almost 24 hours I do not see any issues.  But I am not looking for them right now.

The new topic here is just posted for any comments or issues on the new release of HAI 3.16 (firmware and software) and thereafter related stuff.

Note that I do not work for Leviton or am an OmniPro 2 dealer.  I am just a user of the OmniPro 2 panels here.

Strange there is no mention in the release notes that it includes the required update for the Leviton Door Station, since door station docs specifically state 3.16 is required. 
I wonder what happened to all the fixes we were hoping for...

The OT7 kernel 1.2 and firmware 1.14  are previously released versions as is the Email Notifier 1.5.

Hmmmm. When I try to upgrade to PC Access 3.16 I get the error "The extended attributes are inconsistent."  Anyone else?

ano said:
Hmmmm. When I try to upgrade to PC Access 3.16 I get the error "The extended attributes are inconsistent."  Anyone else?
Ooops it appears to be a Windows problem, not a PC Access problem.

All appears to be working with 3.16 but do note, it may cause a false alarm. Almost every wireless zone tripped and the alarm company was notified, NextAlarm.  They never called so they must have figured out it was a false alarm.

Just upgraded to 3.16.  Haven't experienced any problems.  I do have GE wireless sensors intalled.  Everything works fine.

I upgraded two nights ago and may be having issues with an Omnistat controller.  I've got three Omnistats; one on a dual fuel which is having the issues.  Seems to either be losing power or something.  What I notice is that the air handler will shutdown for a few seconds, then kick back on.  When I walk to the controller, I can tell something has happened, but not sure what.  Last night, the controller turned pink.  I reset the color on it to blue.  Tonight, the air handler did the same thing, but the controller was green and started displaying a "Energy Level: Low".  I reset it back to blue, but still have the message.  I've never seen this message before and not sure how to clear or fix it.  I can't really find anything about the message or troubleshoot the issue.  Any suggestions?   Could this be related to the firmware?  

If you haven't already, after upgrading everything, do a redownload of everything to the panel, program, names, etc.  Some things weren't working for me and this fixed it.  When both PC Access and the firmware are updated, its possible they may have changed how things are downloaded.  I'm not sure how this would cause your Omnistat problems but its easy to try.

My Omnistat2 continues to turn back to green no matter what color I pick.  I thought I fixed it but to no avail. I even added the Leviton power isolater and it still occurs.  I'm 90% certain  its caused by the Zigbee module.  I haven't seen any Zigbee Omnistat2 firmware updates in years.

Thank ano for the suggestion.  I have re-uploaded the configs.  I made a few changes to some programming this afternoon (before it flaked out again) and always upload everything.  Just not sure.  I'm really leaning towards the trouble being on the HVAC side, but I'm not an HVAC guy.  I just know that I didn't have the issues until after the upgrade...may just be a coincidence.  My Omnistats are hardwired to my OmniPro.  Still wish there was a better guide for the Omnistats other than the Install Guide and User Guide.  I can't find any reference to the Energy Level message.  

Don't mean to hijack this thread for support on Omnistat.  If needed, I'll startup another thread for this.  Just mainly wanting to see of others may be experiencing similar issues after the upgrade.

Worst comes to worse, just switch it out with the cheapest thermostat you can find and see if its the same. You can actually just short two thermostat wires together to get heat or AC and see if you have the same if the air handler stays on.  If not, it sounds like an HVAC problem. 

Here in the early days of using the Omnistat RC-80 I would substitute an old analog thermostat to check furnace basic functioning. 

I did have that power stealing issue with the RC-80 such that I added the HAI supplemental relay board and power supply to my furnace mother board.  It is a simple connection and just a daughter board fitting over the furnace motherboard. 

IE: you would disconnect thermostat wires that connect to you furnace motherboard and connect them to the HAI thermostat isolation module and connect new wires from your furnace motherboard to the HAI isolation module.

Furnace motherboard ==> HAI thermostat isolation relay board (with autonomous power supply) ==> Omnistat2

I am not sure that this solution would fix your issue. 

Leviton Omnistat Relay Isolation Module

Attachments

• 2900A001.jpg
    2900A001.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 8
Back