Linking Insteon devices...

eufreka

Okay, I think I understand crosslinking switches well enough but...

Are you/Can you/Should you link devices & switches to the Powerlinc Controller (usb version)? Same for the Controlinc controllers...

Or do you just link them to the various switches and freestanding controllers? (And within the software, i.e., mControl?)

In order for software to get status changes from INSTEON devices the INSTEON device needs to be linked to the PowerLinc.

toymaster458 said:
In order for software to get status changes from INSTEON devices the INSTEON device needs to be linked to the PowerLinc.
Well, that is why I ask...

I am trialing mControl on my MCE...connected to a PowerLinc, and the messages are passing both ways even though *nothing* is linked to the PowerLinc...

Of course, the current mControl version doesn't use the persistent memory of the PowerLinc (nothing does, apparently, yet), so it might just mean stored events wouldn't work (assuming you could actually store events)?

It is all new to me.

Second question: Is it okay to hang an extension off a single LampLinc to drive a pair of bedside lamps?

(Please don't hate me because I am stupid, hate me because I am apparently not ashamed that I am stupid!)

eufreka said:
Second question: Is it okay to hang an extension off a single LampLinc to drive a pair of bedside lamps?
I see no problem with this as long as the combined lamp watts do not go over 300 watts

Back