Logitech Harmony 880 $79.99 @ Woot

elcano

Refurbished. I was looking for one good deal on an Harmony to buy my second one. Once you learn how easy it is with Harmony remotes you dont want to use multiple controls again.

Refurbished. I was looking for one good deal on an Harmony to buy my second one. Once you learn how easy it is with Harmony remotes you dont want to use multiple controls again.

I like universal remotes but I don't like ones that use rechargable batteries. Too much of a pain to make sure it gets back in the charger plus when the batteries do die you are out of business for awhile. I would rather just pop in a new set of regular batteries and be back in business instantly.

Can you replace the battery pack in the 880 with regular batteries? If not, does Harmony make a non-rechargable model? I am trying to find a replacement for my Home Theater Master MX-700s which I like fine but the buttons get flaky after a few years of heavy use.

Mike,

Harmony makes the 659 remote that has a regular LCD (non-color), but uses 4 AAA batteries for power.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/...79&cl=us,en

I've installed 6-8 of these cor customers and they work well.

The 880 is rechargable because it's much more power hungry with the color screen. Even is you could use regular batteries in them, you probably be replacing them each week.

If you have a DVR device, Harmony makes the 670 which is similar to the model I linked above, but more geared towards systems with digital recorders.

Cheers,
Paul

Mike,

Harmony makes the 659 remote that has a regular LCD (non-color), but uses 4 AAA batteries for power.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/...79&cl=us,en

I've installed 6-8 of these cor customers and they work well.

The 880 is rechargable because it's much more power hungry with the color screen. Even is you could use regular batteries in them, you probably be replacing them each week.

If you have a DVR device, Harmony makes the 670 which is similar to the model I linked above, but more geared towards systems with digital recorders.

Cheers,
Paul

I see there is also a 688 but it is not getting good reviews. (Same problem with buttons that I have with the MX-700)

I currently have the 659 and the rechargeable batteries that I use on it last about 1 to 1 1/2 months. With good alkaline they last several months. I suppose lithium batteries (non-rechageable) would last more than 1 year (depending on use).

I got this one because it is much easier to recharge the batteries. You dont have to pop them out to recharge them. I dont know if they can be replaced by the owner.

I bought the 880 when it came out. It had periodic problems with the charger, I also sent it back once. It eventually stopped charging. I had a protection plan on it (bought it at Best Buy when they were released), and decided against using the replacement money to buy the same unit. Worked out well, got to use it for two years for $40 (well once the card comes).

I've switched to Harmony 550's which you can get new for about $85 usually. Cheap, no issues with charging on the stand, and at a price point that is more disposable if they break (I have several and have not had any issues).

Back