Looking for an outdoor Megapixel IP camera

I'm unsure. I can tell you that with:
1x of my 3mp cameras enabled (running at 1280x720, 30fps) I'm running at 11Mbps on network /O, 62% memory and 15% CPU.
2x 3mp cameras running (both same resolution as prior) I run at 17MBps network I/O, 25% CPU.
3x Cameras: 38% CPU, 25Mbps Network I/O.
4x (last camera is a 3mp Arecont) I'm at 47% CPU, 33 Mbps network I/O.  

All cameras (11 total) is 78% max CPU, 55 Mbps network I/O.

The memory I can't tell you accurately because it only thinks I have 4GB, and I'm not sure if the usage reflects 4GB or 12GB.

Also worth noting is that BlueIris (BI) is only a 32-bit program, and thus will only access up to 4GB of memory. It's still worthwhile to use a 64-bit OS and have additional RAM to be utilized by the OS. I have heard that a 64-bit version of BI is in the works...

The machine I am working to build this week will have (2) 8GB DDR3 RAM sticks installed, which should suffice for a while into the future.

I'm continuing my testing of Blueiris. So far, I find it to be pretty CPU intensive, especially when recording at fairly high frame rates. Is there no way in Blueiris to record continuously at one frame rate and then record at a higher frame rate when motion is detected? This is a pretty basic capability but I don't see how to do it in Blueiris. 

You may be able to do that via Profiles, but it's not something that I've looked into doing.

Have you enabled the Direct-to-Disc feature for recording? This will lower the CPU load by allowing the cameras to record directly to the HDDs.

Here have been utilizing BCM motherboards.  They are industrial and work well. 

Today have 4 servers using the BCM MX45 series of motherboards. 

I am also using mini 2.5" SATA drive cages that fit in small footprint cases lately. 

If you are in to DIYing your own stuff; have a look at the BCM series of motherboards. 

They are more commercial / industrial types of motherboards. 

Looking to upgrade the ZM motherboard  / new box:

BCM

• Socket G supports2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processors
  • Intel® QM67 PCH
  • Supports up to 16 GB dual channel 1066/1333 MHz DDR3 memory
  • Dual Display: HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, 18/24-bit LVDS
  • 2 x SATA III and 2 x SATA II, RAID
  • 8 x USB
  • 4 x COM
  • 1 x PCIe x4, 1 x Mini PCIe
  • 1 x CFast
  • Intel® Active Management Technology 7.0
  • Intel® Trusted Execution Technology
  • Wide Range DC Power
lg_MX67QMD_Q67_Chipset_DC_Power.jpg

I checked with Blueiris tech support, there is currently no capability to record continously at one frame rate and at a higher frame rate when motion is detected. They thought it was a good idea however, so maybe it will be added at some point.

I've now got 3 Trendnet TV-IP310PI cameras running, all at 2048x1536, 2 Geovision IP cameras running at 1920x1080 and 10 analog cameras connected to a Geovision GV-1480 capture board. NVR software is currently the Geovision NVR software, version 8.5. The IP cameras are configured to record only key frames on no motion and maximum frame rate when motion is detected. CPU utilization on my i7 machine is running about 36%. As I add IP cameras the CPU utilzation, of course, continues to rise. I don't know if I can get to 15 IP cameras (then no analog cameras) without running the PC out of gas.

LakeHouse said:
NVR software is currently the Geovision NVR software, version 8.5. The IP cameras are configured to record only key frames on no motion and maximum frame rate when motion is detected. CPU utilization on my i7 machine is running about 36%. As I add IP cameras the CPU utilzation, of course, continues to rise. I don't know if I can get to 15 IP cameras (then no analog cameras) without running the PC out of gas.

Does that software make effective use of a GPU on a video card to handle the heavy lifting?  If so then getting the best video card for the job would seem like a good idea.  

I was a big time user of WebCamXP a few years ago.  They are now producing Netcam Studio which is taking its place.  It looks promising and they even offer a free version to previous WebCamXP users (provided you purchased that before 1/2011).

I sent their support a request for the software.  Maybe someone with more time (mine is very limited these days) can download the free version and report back!!! (hint hint hint) ;)

The seem to have a snapshot (still image) thumbnail summary of the video captures, which I have not found in any other software package (I miss this feature the most as you could just pull up this webpage and quickly take a look at possible interesting captures over a long period of time).

They do have a web-server plus support for mobile devices.

From WebCamXP's site:

Our new project: Netcam Studio is now available in beta. Netcam Studio is intended to replace webcamXP in the future and includes new features like smartphone clients, improved audio support, alerts library and full control of the server over SOAP or JSON API.

BSR:

Based on the licensing price, it's more cost effective for me to stay with BlueIris (BI) (64-camera license for $49.95), whereas Netcam Studio pricing is:
  • 4 camera (personal use) - Free
  • 4 camera (commercial use) - $49.95
  • 8 camera (commercial use) - $89.95
  • 12 camera (commercial use) - $129.95
  • 24 camera (commercial use) - $169.95
Additionally, BlueIris does show jpeg snapshots of all motion events; you can view this from the application directly, or via app. Bl also seems to be MUCH more feature rich than what I can tell, based on the Netcam Studio website.

Ah, I'm going to try it anyway, as for me, since I was a previous WebCamXP user, I received a free 12 camera license.

I tried BlueIris in the past, but for some reason that I can't remember, I switched to iSpy (which I'm marginally happy with though it has no webserver).  I might have to download and try it out again.

I know at least 8 people who are using it locally - mostly co-workers of mine who purchased and installed it on their own. There are a couple installs that I've done and used it. No complaints/issues from anyone that I know.

I'll be purchasing it for myself later this year when my attic cools off, and I replace my existing analog cameras and associated coax wiring with Cat5.

I dig ISpy.  if you go this route, these commands are will let you automate it:

HTTP API Access (start recording on motion, stop recording, firing events, etc.):
http://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-http.aspx

Use iSpy as a "repeater" for JPEG (full or resized) and MJPEG streams to other programs (if your camera doesn't support multiple streams).
http://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-live-feeds.aspx 

While their is a Windows 8 app, there still isn't an official Windows Phone App (there is an Android and IOS mobile phone app though).

Back