m1xin board question

v1rtu0s1ty

ok follks, in first floor, I left all the wires in a closet(behind a drywall right now). In my original plan, I had M1DBH in the headend location. Actually, I already have the M1DBH. My plan was to connect the M1XIN board to the M1DBH.

I would just like to know if there are limitations on the M1XIN board such as zoning, 2 wire sensor or 4 wire sensor. Or do you think I will be fine with it?

The reason I asked is because I'm ready to place an order tonight.

Thanks,

Ronneil

All zones are 2 wires. The only difference in 4 wires are zones like PIR's that use power, then you have 2 for the zone and 2 for power. You saw that already when you hooked up your PIR. The XIN is your only option for zone expansion, so go for it.

Steve said:
All zones are 2 wires. The only difference in 4 wires are zones like PIR's that use power, then you have 2 for the zone and 2 for power. You saw that already when you hooked up your PIR. The XIN is your only option for zone expansion, so go for it.
Ah, what I'll just do is use the extra cat5 wire I installed, add a terminal block near the XIN, then hook it to the other terminal near the M1 that is hooked up to VAUX and NEG on the M1.

By the way guys, the terminal blocks in Home Depot are color black and are short. Can you please give me a link where I can buy nice color white terminal blocks and are longer?

Thanks Steve!

I've never seen white terminal blocks. Only the European strips which are whitish/clear. Radio Shack sells both.

v1rtu0s1ty said:
I would just like to know if there are limitations on the M1XIN board such as zoning, 2 wire sensor or 4 wire sensor. Or do you think I will be fine with it?
You can't hook a temperature probe to an M1XIN. The temperature probe has to go to the main board zones 1 to 15, leaving zone 16 for 2 wire smokes.

I'm thinking that putting the 14" can in the closet is overkill for this 1 piece of M1XIN board. I am not seeing anything that I might put in the future. So what do you think guys?

Back