MainLobby Graphic Library Problem

BraveSirRobbin

My motherboard fried on my machine so on my replacement one I copied over my entire Cinemar directory and reinstalled MainLobby and the Graphic Library 14 programs.

All my scenes work as before, but when I go to add a new graphic, either from the included stock library or the Graphic 14 library, all I get is a gray rectangle. :)

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, wash, rinse, repeat to no avail. :)

I am running MainLobby ver 2.86b on a Windows XP Pro machine with all the latest updates.

Any help would be most appreciated.

hmmm. What version of MLServer are you running? With 2.86 client, I seem to remember 1.35 MLServer was the last of the "2" generation.

I don't think that is the problem, but not sure how an old MainLobby client would react if running against a latest MLServer3 (which you may have recently downloaded?)

I haven't seen a problem like that in a LONG time (v"2" generation times) so am a little rusty with that versions issues and fixes.

Have you searched Cinemar's forum? Though there are many cocooner's that use MainLobby, there are still more on Cinemar's forum. Most all have upgraded though but there might be an answer in forum history.

I'm running MLServer 1.35 but that's on another machine.

This is one of those cases where I haven't performed any major changes in the system in at least a year (if not more) and now need to add something...

I would upgrade to version 3, but I still remember the pain and anquish from the last time I tried that. :)

Yes, I have seen this a couple of times and could only get it fixed by creating everything all over from scratch. Modifying existing scenes seemed to be corrupted, but I could create new ones successfully.

gk

My motherboard fried on my machine so on my replacement one I copied over my entire Cinemar directory and reinstalled MainLobby and the Graphic Library 14 programs.

All my scenes work as before, but when I go to add a new graphic, either from the included stock library or the Graphic 14 library, all I get is a gray rectangle. :)

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, wash, rinse, repeat to no avail. :angry:

I am running MainLobby ver 2.86b on a Windows XP Pro machine with all the latest updates.

Any help would be most appreciated.

ah, thanks Greg. I think I'll create a new scene, go to an old scene, copy and paste everything over to the new scene, then hopefully this will work again.

Thanks for the tip! :)

I found a way around this problem. I go to the libary pull down and "look" for the library icon I want and note it's file name (such as 014_00023), then after I get the usual rectangle I go to edit it, then select that library file from the pull down menu circled in the screen shot below. Works... <_<

Attachments

• library.jpg
    library.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 26
Can you post a sample of the gray box that you are seeing? My first thought that this was an Adobe Flash issue but need to see this gray box to find out if it's something we create or not.

Are you running on a low powered device with perhaps little memory?

Can you post a sample of the gray box that you are seeing? My first thought that this was an Adobe Flash issue but need to see this gray box to find out if it's something we create or not.

Sorry for the lack of a reply until now. Here are screen shots below. I'm running a 2GHz AMD with 512 MB ram, but it also has the same problem on another machine with 1GB of ram.

The first screen shot shows the gray rectangle that appears when I try to select an icon from Library 14. The second shows that I can get that icon by going to the library directly from the pull down menu in the "edit" screen (went into edit mode and then selected that gray rectangle).

Attachments

• mlerror.jpg
    mlerror.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 18
  • mlerror2.jpg
    mlerror2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 13

Sorry for the lack of a reply until now. Here are screen shots below. I'm running a 2GHz AMD with 512 MB ram, but it also has the same problem on another machine with 1GB of ram.

The first screen shot shows the gray rectangle that appears when I try to select an icon from Library 14. The second shows that I can get that icon by going to the library directly from the pull down menu in the "edit" screen (went into edit mode and then selected that gray rectangle).

Ahh...a picture is worth a thousand words.

What you are seeing in screenshot 1 is actually not a gray box, but one of the first buttons in the core library. This occurs because you most likely placed an external image/swf before this button. We designed it to place a duplicate of the last button you added to the stage. In the case of an external SWF/JPG we revert back to that button as the default to prevent a blank place holder that can't be seen by the designer. If memory serves me, you should be able to hit "ADD" on the library panel and then hit the thumbnail of the button and it should place it on the stage. You can also select a button on the stage, hit REPLACE and then any of the buttons in the library will replace that one.

Hope this clarifies things. In the latest version, there is an icon that now shows up saying "IMAGE NOT FOUND" while in Design/Edit mode.

I see. I haven't (deliberately) replaced that image and show that it is still valid for the first original library image (screen shot below). The Replace button works great though and I'm able to easily compare graduated percentage swf images with my humidity sensor (barometric pressure to follow) by using this function.

Thanks for showing me the fix! ;)

Attachments

• mll.jpg
    mll.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 13
No prob BSR. Let me know if you need any more help.

There's a cool new Wind Direction gauge in the latest release of MainLobby that you'll want to use if you get up-to-speed with the latest versions. Matches the same gauges we are now using for the Energy Management display.

Back