CM19a Woes

Hi deltax153 and welcome to CocoonTech.

First of all, back up or ghost your system before trying any of the following (in case something goes wrong).

Read my first post's instructions again. I show where I downloaded Case's plugin from THIS site (zip file). The ocx is contained in that zip file.

You need to manually register that OCX file by using Regsvr32 command. You do this by going to your "Start", then "Run..." command buttons and enter the following in the run command's dialog box (assuming you copied the ocx into the Homeseer directory):
regsvr32 "c:/program files/homeseer/hspi_CM19A_USB.ocx"

Also note that I used the X-10 drivers that Jeff Charger had and not the one currently posted on X-10's site. Those drivers can be found HERE (save that file to your hard drive then run to install the X-10 drivers.

Its finicky, but I finally got it to work!

I know this is a very old topic but could someone please provide me the cm19a driver that Jeff or Robin refer to in this thread? The one I'm downloading from the x10 site is not working for me. Thank you very much.

Hi deltax153 and welcome to CocoonTech.

First of all, back up or ghost your system before trying any of the following (in case something goes wrong).

Read my first post's instructions again. I show where I downloaded Case's plugin from THIS site (zip file). The ocx is contained in that zip file.

You need to manually register that OCX file by using Regsvr32 command. You do this by going to your "Start", then "Run..." command buttons and enter the following in the run command's dialog box (assuming you copied the ocx into the Homeseer directory):
regsvr32 "c:/program files/homeseer/hspi_CM19A_USB.ocx"

Also note that I used the X-10 drivers that Jeff Charger had and not the one currently posted on X-10's site. Those drivers can be found HERE (save that file to your hard drive then run to install the X-10 drivers.

Its finicky, but I finally got it to work!

I restored the link referenced in my above post. Uninstall any drivers you currently have, reboot, and try that driver. It's been a while, but if I'm remembering correctly, I couldn't get it to work either until Jeff Charger gave me that particular driver version.

BSR and Jeff. I can not thank you enough! This did the trick. As soon as I installed this driver over the x10.com/support Case's test.vbs worked. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I restored the link referenced in my above post. Uninstall any drivers you currently have, reboot, and try that driver. It's been a while, but if I'm remembering correctly, I couldn't get it to work either until Jeff Charger gave me that particular driver version.

A bit hard to tell so I'm going to ask...

Did anyone get the CM19a working as a "standard" X10 sender/receiver for RF, specifically using Homeseer 1.7?

looking at getting one it is it reliable... mainly for receiving motion detector triggers and remote commands to turn of/off lights.

thx!

Back