MCE Keyboards

Ok got the MCE version (100') gyration keyboard and mouse.

It's great. Mouse takes a little getting used to but solid and well made.

The keyboard is a tad bit small, but seems pretty good for living room use. Microsoft seems to have had the right idea there, too bad they made some other mistakes. I was using it on the coffee table and noticed, had I gone Microsoft, I would have had to clear stuff off before using it as it would block the sensor.

Only had it awhile, but it seems to work great. Wife took to it real quick as well.

It's been a few weeks with the Gyration, so here is the update.

1. The mouse works well, takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do its pretty good.
2. The keyboard is sensitive, I find myself hitting the keys harder than I normally would as otherwise it seems to miss a character here and there. Annoying, but since it is an MCE machine I'm not using it much. It is the one area I think they could improve it. If this was for a PC, I could not use the keyboard (as in for heavy use and lots of typing).

The keyboard feels like a laptop keyboard, which I really like, but I can see how it could be a problem if you aren't used to those kind of keyboards.

Hmm, I use a laptop all the time. This is like that keyboard, but it seems I have to hit the keys much more carefully and much harder. Do you find this at all? Maybe I have a bad one, although in hindsight I thought I saw another reference to this here, but I'll have to reread the thread.

the keys on the keyboard must be pressed straight down or they will not type
That could be part of the problem. Depending on how you are used to positioning your hands, you could run into the issue you are describing.

I happened to get a logitech s510 keyboard/mouse (rf) combo recently. I think it cost me something like $30. After using it for a few weeks, I prefer it to the gyration. The gyration mouse has a cool factor and can be used in the air, but frankly putting a regular mouse on the coffee table works fine.

I never fully acllimated to the gyration keyboard (to the point where I liked it).

Just a bit cheaper than the gyration as well. Of course it is a matter of opinion, but if anyone is considering one it might be worth trying the cheaper option first.

It was at Buy.com (it is $51.92 now, but it was $39.99 with a $10 rebate when I ordered a little while back). At $30 I figured I had little to lose, and frankly it is a nice looking keyboard (mouse is more basic but functional).

When I had to look up the rebate it seems it comes up every now and then (and I think there was a time it was $20 not too long ago from finding my rebate forms among the list).

A hell of a lot better than $160 for a gyration.

Its like a car.... you gotta buy what is on the lot at the end of the year to get a good price.

For $19 I will take it.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

electron said:
I use the Gyration MCE keyboard + mouse, 100ft range, works fantastic. But I do like the new MS keyboard, which has the mouse integrated.
I have the Gyration set as well. Works fantastic.

I will say that I am happier with the Logitech one now (keyboard wise at least). The mouse is better, but is a traditional mouse. The Gyration one is neat, but takes a little getting used to (and not good for WAF from my experience). I got my logitech for $29 vs the $160 or so for the gyration. Granted these must be model year closeouts, but still even at a third of the price, they are nice (and even if equal, I'd pick the logitech keyboard).

Back