Motion detector with dry contact output!!

kennyparker

Hi guys,

I am looking for a Cheap motion detector with dry contact output for my DDC controller. I found one in internet which is costs $120. it is too expensive for me. Do you guys have any advise. Thanks!!

Whenyou say dry contact output, do you mean a mechanical relay? If yes, what is the expected load?

May be a cheaper option is combining a regular hardwired motion detecor with solid state relay with a mechanical relay. Cheaper and more versatile. Basically all hardwired motion detectors have solid state relays (for what I kkow).

Dry contact means open or close contact without any current or voltage. Actually, I am not really know general hardwired motion detection output and how to connect a relay. Please provide details.. Thanks!!

Is $56 cheap enough? Is wireless OK? How 'bout weatherproof? Ugly Green?

Take a look at this: Reporter RWA-300R Wireless

I can vouch for these units. I replaced three x10 motion sensors that were giving me fits and I haven't had a single false positive or missed detection since. They only have a 30' detection range and don't detect small animals unless you mount them low to the ground (the sensors, not the animals). I have tested the RF range to more than 400'.

BTW - Smarthome and Radio Shack also have them, at a slightly higher price.

What DDC are you using?

These motion detectors (starting at $20.00) require 12v for operating, and most of them (if not all) work in normally closed mode. They all should work.

[Edited on 3/30/06]

Thanks BSR, I had a link to include but forgot it.

There are literally hundreds of models to choose from. About 50-70% are about the same thing, but there are some specialty sensors that you might consider depending on the situation. That will cost more. Do your search.

Anyway, all hardwired sensors operate essencially in the same way. The compatibility issue is with wireless sensors.

kclark said:
Is $56 cheap enough? Is wireless OK? How 'bout weatherproof? Ugly Green?

Take a look at this: Reporter RWA-300R Wireless

I can vouch for these units. I replaced three x10 motion sensors that were giving me fits and I haven't had a single false positive or missed detection since. They only have a 30' detection range and don't detect small animals unless you mount them low to the ground (the sensors, not the animals). I have tested the RF range to more than 400'.

BTW - Smarthome and Radio Shack also have them, at a slightly higher price.

What DDC are you using?
I have used three of these for about six months and can also report excellent results.

Back