Motion detector zone type

So you have both a switch and a PIR used for motion?  Are two sensors in one loop?  Are you writing about Garage Door installed sensors versus a door to the garage sensor?

Here had one door's frame change a bit and it stretched out a magnetic switch wire and eventually it failed - broke a strand at a time.

pete_c said:
So you have both a switch and a PIR used for motion?  Are two sensors in one loop?  Are you writing about Garage Door installed sensors versus a door to the garage sensor?

Here had one door's frame change a bit and it stretched out a magnetic switch wire and eventually it failed - broke a strand at a time.
I think he was saying that a motion detector and garage door sensor were on different zones. The motion was an interior follower and the door was a parameter.  If a interior follower is triggered first, then you are not given the entry delay.  My question here would be why do you have a motion sensor in your garage?  If you really do want that, than pointing it at a garage overhead door probably isn't wise. These are thin metal and the heating from the sun can cause false alarms.  I would just leave it to the door sensor to protect the garage, but if you really want a motion sensor as well. point it at an insulated wall instead. 

Thanks Ano.

Got confused a bit. 

Yes here use multiple different sensors in the garage space and to and from garage space (well 2 garage doors and 2 regular doors) and all of the rest of the sensors (a bit over done).

pete_c said:
Thanks Ano.

Got confused a bit. 

Yes here use multiple different sensors in the garage space and to and from garage space (well 2 garage doors and 2 regular doors) and all of the rest of the sensors (a bit over done).
Garages seem to be complicated. I have one zone which is an outside keyboard, I have one zone for closed, one for open, and a wall off IR beams across the door to see if its blocked.  I guess I can add in two driveway sensors as well.  Lots of data, but I can do some pretty cool stuff.  When I drive up and turn off the alarm with my keyfob, the garage door automatically opens.  If I turn the alarm on with the fob in the garage, and I drive out, the door automatically closes. 

The outside keypad will close or open the door, but if I trigger it again while its closing it puts it in away mode which is handy when I go out without the keyfob.

Yes here have multiple sensors for this or for that. 

In the 1990's and a detached garage over did it a bit with the alarm logic  / GDO et al almost causing a mishap. 

I have gone to using some hard loops to prevent this from happening again.  

That and use CCTV inside, outside facing driveway out and at the end of the driveway facing the garage door. 

Back