multiple window sensors in single wire

v1rtu0s1ty

hi folks, I used 22/4 wire for the window contacts. Since the window contact sensor that I need only needs 2 conductors, I installed 22/4 so that it's easier to run. However, my design uses M1XIN in the first floor. I was wrong with the number of zones that I need. I was lacking about 8 zones since I only have 1 M1XIN in my design. I can just pop in another M1XIN in the future but was still interested in the drawing the I made. I would like to know from you if it will still work.

If you look at the diagram, I didn't use the green and red conductors. I did a circular connection like our christmas tree lights. Right now, the 22/4 passes the first hole(for the first window contact) then ends in the other hole(2nd window contact). And yes, if you ask, I did create a loop :) to make sure I will have enough to work with.

Attachments

• windowcontacts_wiring.gif
    windowcontacts_wiring.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 43
It looks fine to me, unless I'm missing something really obvious. I have several windows mulled together into one and I put 3 & 4 sensors together like that in the same zone. Works fine for me.

Was it chaining multiple sensors you are asking about or the 22/4 wire you used?

Later-
Frank

frankdr said:
It looks fine to me, unless I'm missing something really obvious. I have several windows mulled together into one and I put 3 & 4 sensors together like that in the same zone. Works fine for me.

Was it chaining multiple sensors you are asking about or the 22/4 wire you used?

Later-
Frank
It's the daisy chaining of multiple sensors. Cool! I'm glad that it will work. :)

Back