My Christmas wishlist

I will ask about the ACK on UPB protocol.

Also OR consideration,

Whenever...
OR Whenever...
OR Whenever...
And...
And...
Then...

While you're at it, I want to double-vote for a way of handling sequential THEN statements..

Whenever Task 1 is Activated
THEN Turn on ouput 1 for 5 minutes
[once that completes]
THEN turn on output 2 for 3 minutes
AND turn on output 3 for 6 minutes
[once both tasks complete]
THEN turn on output 4 for 2 minutes

That way if you want to fire off multiple events at the same time, you can - and you can even fire off groups of events... then once they're all complete, move on to the next group or task. Also for the lighting issues in the other thread - Turn on light 1 AND turn on output 200 for 1 second THEN turn on light 2 AND turn on output 200 for 1 second- THEN turn on light 3....

And, with outputs, it'd be nice to be able to flag them as latching or momentary - such as a garage door opener, which will only be momentary - vs. a valve which you'd want on for a set amount of time (maybe even a max-time on value so I don't accidentally leave a sprinkler on too long when manually activated). To really stretch that, I have an old opener that requires a double-pulse, but my workaround on that is just to replace the opener.

I have workarounds for all these requests; this is just to make it cleaner and maybe more efficient, and not require us to burn as many outputs.

And Spanky's ideas previously about how to do the custom voices/tones would be great - I'd love to see that make it in some day.

I may have asked for these already, but I'm not above stuffing the ballot box.

Back