my.Elk 2.3

I have made some modifications to my.elk (2.3) to allow a HS device to show the arming status of any area. Works pretty well for me here, but probably needs some testing.

Any interest?

@Wayne
I made quite a few changes today, so I'll let it run tonight and tomorrow to see if it flushes out any bugs. I'll let you know tomorrow and send you a copy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how much trouble it would be to convert "my.elk.txt" to a .Net script? I have converted a small script or two but this thing is pretty big.

Brian

I converted it to vb.net and sent a copy to the author. I don't know what became of it. I'm not going to send out what I did because I don't want (and probably the author doesn't want it either) to have several different versions floating around. Plus I'm not in a position to support it. I never tested it (I lost interest in HomeSeer).

Matt

I don't remember if I received the .NET version or not, but unfortunately, I no longer run Homeseer myself, so I can't really work on this anymore (unable to test). Considering the Elk plugin has been released for free, and is open source, I figured it wouldn't be as big of a deal anymore. I am surprised to see people are still using it. Thanks for all your support tho!

I still use HS1.7 and depend upon this script heavily. I can tweak a nicely written and documented script (thanks again E), but don't have time to learn how to tweak a plug-in, even if it is open source.

Will a .net version of the script work with HS1.7? I will be glad to work with anybody on testing or developing new routines, within my resources.

Thanks for all the input.

Well, it looks like neither mdonovan(Matt) or Electron are using HomeSeer any more. If I can find some free time I may attempt to work on converting "my.elk.txt" to vb.net. Can anyone offer any thoughts on how big of a job this might be and what areas will be the biggest problem?

Also thanks again to Electron for writing this excellent script, and for sharing it.

If Electron gives me permission I could provide the port I did (if I can still find it, it's been a while). As I mentioned, it's NEVER been tested, could (probably does) have bugs, use at your own risk, you're on your own with it, etc etc. In other words, don't blame me for anything, period.

Electron - Do you mind if I provide my vb.net port? Is there somewhere on cocoontech I can post it so I don't have 10 million people posting "send me a copy too" messages?

Matt

mdonovan said:
If Electron gives me permission I could provide the port I did (if I can still find it, it's been a while). As I mentioned, it's NEVER been tested, could (probably does) have bugs, use at your own risk, you're on your own with it, etc etc. In other words, don't blame me for anything, period.

Electron - Do you mind if I provide my vb.net port? Is there somewhere on cocoontech I can post it so I don't have 10 million people posting "send me a copy too" messages?

Matt
electron,

Have you had a chance to consider mdonovan's generous offer to try to post his port of your "my.elk.txt" script to vb.net?

Thanks!
Brian

Oops, missed that last post somehow. Go ahead, I think it's a great idea. You can post it as an attachment in this thread.

Ummmm... I hate to sound dumb, but I don't see any where to attach a file to the post. If someone can point out how to attach a file I'll post it. (It's probably staring me in the face, but I sure don't see it) ;)

Matt

mdonovan said:
Ummmm... I hate to sound dumb, but I don't see any where to attach a file to the post. If someone can point out how to attach a file I'll post it. (It's probably staring me in the face, but I sure don't see it)
Do you see a text box under the "Post Icons" smilies that says "File Attachments"? What type of file are you trying to attach? Are you running into the 100K size limitation? Maybe rename the extension to txt and tell us what to properly change it to after downloading.

If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll send you my Email addy.

Attachments

• fileattach.jpg
    fileattach.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
I am in a hurry right now, but maybe I set it up so people can't post attachments in this sub forum. If that's the case, I will look into it later tonight when I have more time. You can also start a thread in the regular HA forum, and I will link to it in the first post of this thread.

Back