My Theater Project

Here is where i stand right now. I have lighting which i am going to take back down eventually (as soon as i get my ass out of this chair) Because i dont like the way it looks. I have alot more ideas and will post them as i do them

Lighting.jpg

Thanks for supporting me!

WooHooo! My mount is is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Its sitting in PA right now and their tracking system says i should get it tomorrow. Best of all Tomorrow is my off day(which i have to work) But i will be able to ge out of work around 1pm which is probably when it will get delivered. Iv been waiting 3 or 4 weeks for this damn thing to come in. Finally its on its way. I would bad mouth the seller about his slow shipping but i was partially at fault.

He listed the mount as a Universal mount and In his listing the Infocus X1 was listed as one of the projectors that this mount would work with. So who the hell would have thought that you had to specify what type of projector you were going to use it for. So for 2 weeks i waited for this damn mount to show up and when it never did i wrote him an e-mail. He responded and said that he had been trying to get in touch with me because i never specified what type of projector i owned and all his e-mail to me were getting returned. So i gave him 3 alternatives and my phone number just in case it happend again. After that e-mail conversation my wount finally was shiped a week later. On the 4th from Canada. It will be here tomorrow the 6th. Thats not bad at all.

I wont ever buy another item from this guy because i think he may have been pulling my leg but im also not going to badmouth him either. If you really want to know his ebay name the PM me and i will tell you in private.

WooHoo! its coming ;)

Its here. I spent the night mounting it and putting the first coat of paint on. I am painting a full screen not just a flat screen because i will be watching tv on it and playing xbox also.

I ran out of paint just as i finished the first coat so i have to go buy more. I still cant find my cam so pictures wont be up until i do. Im kinda pissed cause thats an expensive camera.

On the brigher side today is payday ;)

I actually dont like it. Well i do like the lighting but i dont like that it is so bright. I also dont like that it did not cover the edge like i wanted it to. And i dont like that i baught the kind that i cant cut to length.

So what i am going to do eventually is wrap the front edge with standard molding and then add yellow instead of clear to that. I think the yellow is a little less harsh on the eyes.

the ones I got from Home Depot can be dimmed without any problems, that's how I use them.

i think they are just LED's inside all of them. So i think they all can be dimmed.

Second coat of paint just went on. Next it will be time to sand it lightly and prepare it for a third coat

Do you guys have good luck with the rope lights? The strand on my deck has 2 sections that have burned out. They have been in place for about a year.

I have a 150 ft strand lining a wall beside my driveway. Has worked great for two years in all kinds of weather.

I also have a 25 ft strand over my front porch, the rope light itself can not be seen from the street, just the warm glow illuminating the porch.

And I have a strand on my stairway, and other areas also.

I buy 150 ft rolls and cut to my own length. I also love the rope light tracks, eliminiantes sag and is easy to install. Much better then the clips that seem to want to break. I get it from:

http://www.noveltylights.com/Rope_light2.htm

Yes, incadescent rope lights can be dimmed. not sure about the LED versions, haven't used it.

Rupp,

I have never had any luck with the Home Depot / Lowes etc rope lights, due to burn out like you experienced.

In addition to using rope lights for general illumination both inside and outside, I enjoyed building outdoor animated / automated holiday decorations (yeah, I'm one of those!) with rope lights.

Thats why I started buying the heavy duty 25,000 hour lights from the link I posted.

no problems here with the Home Depot rope lighting, installed it about 8 months ago, and is constantly used. I do like that large spool for sure, but I Don't think my wife is going to like the idea of spending over $100 for some rope lighting ;)

lol, mine doesn't know what the spools cost, she only knows I always seem to have 3 or 4 spools in different colors on the shelf ;)

JB,
That porch idea is an excellent one. We have a "shelf" around our small porch and this would be a perfect place for some rope light. How did you get power "up there" though?

Back