Need help on HAI OmniPro II

Do you mean the white label on the bottom PCB?  That is just the UL label for the board.  That's where I got the AG-3330 part number.

Can you take another picture that includes the writing on the top and a bit on the right?

Found the UL number.  It is an HAI/Aegis device.

yes

What is the number above and to the left of the white hand printed 1.

Looks to be three HAI boards.  There is another board right above it and then on the top is the OmniPro board.

The part numbers for HAI are all the same.  Look for the same number designation in the middle board.

The middle board looks like its an HAI expansion board model HAI 17A00-8

71PYoox0OeL._SX522_.jpg

Thinking the bottom board is just an HAI output relay board. AG-3330.  The HAI part number is above to the left of the hand written 1.

So you have the OmniPro 2 with a 16 Zone expansion daughter board.  Below it is another expansion board model HAI 17A00-8 and one more on the bottom.

Bottom board looks to be an 8 output relay board model 19A00-1

51M0xWMvAsL._SL1000_.jpg

Here is the image showing the text to the top and right.

View attachment 7403

The board on top of the OPII is AG-1575.

UL Label 4.jpg

There is a same size board under AG-1575.  That part number is AG-1573.  It looks like a serial comm board.

The HAI model numbers are not on the UL sticker.  They are all next to the hand written 1.

1 - OPII board with two expansion daughter boards
HAI 10A06-1 16 Zone hardwire expander daughter board.  Under could be another one or as you say a serial board.
2 - HAI 17A00-8 16 port zone and output board (middle)
3 - HAI 19A01-1 HAI 8 relay module (bottom) - many folks here use this device for their irrigation system.

Lots of connections as it looks to be that you are at port capacity fo all of the boards installed.  IE: no blank screw terminals that I can tell.  16 + 16+ 16 (48) zones and 16 outputs and 8 relays.

Do you also have an Omnistat Thermostat connected (it'll work without the panel), keypads, touchscreens, audio et al?

Note that all of these boards are interconnected.  The smoke came from the top board so it is most likely damaged.  You do not really know the condition of the other boards right now.

Personally with 5 HAI boards it might be a bit difficult to DIY fix this or it could be just the main OmniPro 2 board on top that needs fixing making it easy.  The terminal strips on the OPII board just lift up - same as the two daughter boards.  IE: you can just remove the stuff and slip the OPII board out from underneath. 

I would first unplug the battery / both transformers as right now you have a disfunctional brick and leaving the power on this stuff might damage it more.

Give a call to Leviton/HAI and Automated Outlet and tell them what happened and show them a picture of what you have.

Where are you?  East, midwest, southwest, west, northwest?

You are right.  There are total of 5 boards.  The omnipro board at the top, 17A01-2 in the middle, and the AG-3330 at the bottom.  That bottom board looks just like the image you posted.

Then at the top and to the right is the AG-1575 and AG-1573 stacked on top of the omnipro board.

What is the 17A03-1 IC that's in the 17A01-2 board?

I do not know the conditions of the other boards, but since I can turn the power on and off to the expansion board, I'm hoping it's ok.  So, I'm thinking of getting omnipro board repaired/replace, and then plug everything back in.  I'm guessing if all the other boards are ok, then it should power up ok, right?

Do you know approximately what it would cost to repair the omnipro board?  Or who I should contact to get it repaired?

Thanks for the tip about the terminal strip.  That will make my life so much easier.  I'll give that a try.  The batteries are unconnected and the power is off. 

Pete, I just looked at the board, and can't figure out how the terminal strip would come off.  It is soldered to the PCB.  Only way I see the board coming out is if I unhook all the wires.  Am I missing something?  Did you really mean to take the terminal strip out with all the wires on it? 

I am not sure how much it will cost to repair.

The OPII terminal strips are arranged in groups of three.  I replaced my old board with new board a few years back.

There are little clips sort of that hold each section in.  Go slow and slide something thin under the terminal strip It pulls straight up towards you.

What you want to do to is look for and at the interconnectivity between the boards.  Best way to start is to google the installation manual for each of the boards we listed above. 

Have a search here as I posted my efforts a few years back.

Back