Need help on Nutone IMA-3303

Rustytek

I just moved into my new home and it has a Partially functional Nutone IMA-3303. The details...

First the system seems to have a bad potentiometer. The system will play radio but I have to wiggle the master volume knob to get audio to play at all and it still occasionally goes out. Not the big issue..

My real problem....

The intercom does not work. Whenever I push either door talk or inside/patio talk I get a loud buzz/squeal. The manual states that this could be caused by a short or a incorrect wiring for > 9 stations so I removed every station from the system and I still get a loud buzz. So I wired one station locally to the master control unit and still the buzz. Hopefully not a short on the board (the potentiometer issue leads me to believe that this may be the problem). Any ideas on this?

Also... I have ISA335 remote stations (I think - the circuit board says 400 series). I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere for them. Maybe they are all wired wrong. Oh, and the system is wired with cat5 and of course Nutone states that they only support Nutone wire. Hope this is not the cause. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the remote stations? There are 6 terminals on the remote stations and only 4 are connected.

Thanks

Back