New Brultech Energy Monitoring Model (ECM-1240) due in 2009

Well, I made the leap. Got killed on the exchange rate (USD-CDN), and it's a little weird that the entire shopping process is through Paypal (I hate Paypal). Had to put the aluminum wiring special comments in Paypal as well.

Ah well, I hope it comes soon. I can't wait to get started!

what software did you get..the 1220 software?
Also does the 1240 require a dedicated computer on 24/7, or does it store data for download?

what software did you get..the 1220 software?
Also does the 1240 require a dedicated computer on 24/7, or does it store data for download?

Didn't purchase any software. I am hoping to come up with something myself. As previously mentioned I am going to attempt to use a SheevaPlug as a "hub" for this sort of data. So it will be the "dedicated" computer.

I am kind of going out on a limb here and will document the experience.

Anyone else out there purchased of the new units yet? Recieved it? Word from Brultech?

I suppose I am being impatient but after making the purchase I havent had any word in a couple of days.

I also got one. Ordered it a couple days ago. When I spoke with someone on the phone, she said they ship from their Canada location. She said it typically takes 5-6 days for transit time. I am also anxious too!

I didn't by any software I just thought I'd roll my own. I asked for the communication spec but haven't gotten it yet. Has anyone seen this document. It shouldn't be too tough to get it integrated as I do lots of RS232 at work. Just a bit surprised they didn't just email it to me.

I didn't by any software I just thought I'd roll my own. I asked for the communication spec but haven't gotten it yet. Has anyone seen this document. It shouldn't be too tough to get it integrated as I do lots of RS232 at work. Just a bit surprised they didn't just email it to me.
Let us know if you get it, tenholde

Thanks for the replies, I feel better. :)

I am hoping to do something on the RS232 end too hucker, so maybe we can compare notes in a couple of weeks....

I've seen the spec or at least some of it. The differences between the ECM-1220 and ECM-1240 are pretty minor from a communications perspective. I'm not at liberty to forward anything on, but I'll try and answer questions where I can.

My guess is that Paul is real busy trying to ship out all the orders and is probably a bit behind on emails.

Ya, it's actually possible that doc doesn't exist yet. It was one heck of a push to finally get the 1240 out, and I know they already said it will require a firmware update just to store data, so if they're still updating the firmware, and it affects the protocol (which anything involving data storage would), they're probably going to wait until it's all nailed down before they start handing out the doc.

Just my guess.

Back