New HomeSeer CADDX Plug-in

I got my cable from Worthington this afternoon and the wife has gone to the electronic store to get me some DB9 to RJ45 plugs. Hopefully I can get this going this evening.

Yea, you know you can always build the cable yourself using 9-pin D connectors, your wife will probably have better luck finding those than the adapters.

Also, you can use any serial cable (already built) as long as pins 2 & 3 are crossed and pin 5 is straight through.

I recently did a post HERE about this.

BSR,
I got everything cabled up and the system is now talking. I have noticed a few issues right off and have reported those. I will try a few more things tonight and then will switch to the Nitrox plugin until I can get some additional updated code. This will prove to be very cool when everything gets ironed out. I love the logic in the new plugin but could not get it to work because the plugin reported that the user wasn't authorized and the addition of the check mark in the corretc box was removed everytime I submitted it.

Also, I have a question about the caddx users that maybe you can help me with. Can you have more than 1 master? I noticed this morning that my normal code would not disarm the system and I had to use a new code I created last night. Also my telephone interface will now not answer with either code as of this morning. It simply hangs up once the code is entered.

Kevin:

Glad you got everything setup. Were you able to connect with the DL900 software? Are you using Alan's beta software? What serial (NX8E settings) did you wind up using?

As far as multiple masters and users, you probably know more about this than me because I just use one user/master code for the software interface and keypad disarm.

I dont have the DL900 software since I did not do the install. Thankfully the installer left the default program code so I had access to make the connection changes.

I am using the Beta software and I can send you the settings later when I return home.

I will say I used the setup from Nitrox first and then added some stuff Alan said was required and it hooked right up.

BSR,

I am working in the script today for the panel control status. n your script you have the following line:
s=hs.DeviceString("O3")
What is the "03" referring too? This may be my issue as I have my caddx stuff on virtual z and I setup the 3 devices on Y like your instructions had.

ah, I'm at work and can't give a screen shot, but from memory here goes:

In your Caddx Plugin setup screen where you assign devices house and unit codes there is a section to the right where you assign "Arm Status". I set mine to O3 (note that this is the letter "O" and not a "zero").

Got it, that is what I figured but I didnt think about the status being a coded letter. This is why when I toggled it on it never worked correctly.
So in the end you are perfectly correct and onc I change the variable all will be well.
Now I will create a script that tells when when a door is opened or closed since the chime just dings.

Great Kevin. Remember, post your scripts here as I along with a lot of others would like to learn and get ideas off of them.

I also have to say, you have got to be the FASTEST reply to posts I have ever seen! ;)

I subscribe when I post and try to stay on top of them. It doesn't hurt being a sys admin so I sit behind a PC all day long.

Would have been here sooner but i went to dinner and my Blackberry battery is low.

Hi all -

What is the status of the new and much revised CADDX plugin?? I would like to get a beta copy if available for testing.

Thanks!!

Dave

Not dead yet. ALan has been busy trying to work out some HS2.0 issues with another plugin he handles. This is coming just slow right now.

Back