New HomeSeer CADDX Plug-in

I have not been in this board for a while and did not relaize all the messages that had piled up. Please accept my apologies for this.

The CADDX plug-in that I developed is still an active project. I just finished the house that the panel is intended for and am in the process of getting everything hooked up. The plug-in has been working on my test bench and I am in the process of adding wireless support, although this feature is not yet done.

I have spent a lot of the last few months working to get my other plug-ins converted over to HS 2 and now that there seems to be a stable version of HS 2 out, I think I can release this for testing.

I will get HS to put it in the HS updater and the beta testing can begin.

Once again I apologize for my recent absence.

Alan

I have installed the plug-in. So far so good. Thank you for hte time that you put into developing it. I am having one problem. My zone names as defined on the panel are not interfacing. Any ideas? The zone types have interfaced along with all of the other configuration data -- just not the text description. Thank you!

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am.

The original problem is now fixed. I closed HomeSeer a few times -- each time I did, several more zones were populated with their text names.

Now all of my zones are populated on the "Zones" page -- however, on the "Main" page the zone descriptions are blank -- the bypass information is accurate, but there is no text there.

I installed the plugin on my HS 1.7.44 machine but cant seem to get anything out of it, i programmed my caddx panel per the documentation suggestions other than i left the port at 9600 because the hscaddx plugin ran at 9600. I loaded it up, went to into HS and disabled but didnt delete the hscaddx plugin, activated the new plug, went into web based setup and set my baud rate to 9600 and debug level to 3, tried to upgrade from hscaddx ption on the GUI but it just sits there doesnt do anything else. on the debug log i get a lot of data sent to panel and some hex numbers but never anything received back.

if I put hscaddx back in it pops right off and works great.. not sure what im doing wrong, i dont get any errors in my homeseer log at all. and it seems everytime I restart HS the debug level is back to 0 again for the plugin.
-Christopher

I did try this with 1.7 and it come up, read panel etc.

I am confused about devices through, so I said what the heck, updated to HS2.0
Everything looks pretty good there. Can read the panel, see zones etc.

I can not seem to get events to trigger on Caddx triggers, such as zone faulted, changed etc. On the main menu, all zones are shown with the new device names and bypass worked (verfied on keypad). Zone status updates correctly.

I'm still confused about devices, in the olde plugin, devices where created and you could trigger events based on status (Z7, on)

Anyway, first beta looks very promising Thank you !!!!

Jus curious what the zones read when the say a window is opened or closed. In other words does the plugin for the device show "open" or "closed", "normal" or "faulted", "on" or "off".

Reason I ask is this will determine how an event based on that zone gets triggered. For instance if it is reading normal and faulted you may want to trigger on "device value change" or "device status change" and see if the option of normal and faulted appear as options in the drop down dialog box.

I ran into this with an MS10A motion detector that I did not check the "X-10 Only" option for. It registered "motion" and "normal" as it's device values and not "ON" and "OFF".

That did it ! Thanks.

First problem, when the plugin created the devices, they defaulted to hidden, Show All revealed them. Then, I could trigger on device status change (on, off). My old scripts are working as the did with the Nitrox plugin. Stiil can't get the CADDX zone triggers to work, but I don't need them yet.

Next problem, figure out why panel wont arm (user does not have authority for partition one) Could arm/disarm with Nitrox plugin.

Thanks again !!!

Hmmm, not exactly sure which problem you fixed! What are the device zones showing for their two conditions (on/off, fault/normal, etc...)?

Also, when you go to create an event and trigger on device value, what options show up? Are they the same as your device displays?

As far as not being able to arm, are you sure you are using the correct user name and password that you programmed with the DL900 software that had this permission? This sounds like a permission/authority problem with the plugin's user credentials.

Did you use the same user as you did with Nitrox's plugin? Does this new plugin support partitions?

One other thing I wanted to mention, does this plugin require the exact same settings in the NX8e board as Nitrox's plugin? I'm talking about the settings that you have to set in the panel that are described HERE!

Did this plugin provide its needs for panel specific settings?

Thanks, appreciate you describing your experience with this new plugin. I am waiting till Homeseer 2.0 has some of the bugs worked out and the W800 plugin comes out before I switch (I did already purchase the upgrade though). :)

Checked the settings, same as Nitrox. Zones display "closed" or "open" in plugin.
HS will trigger on Device state On or off which equals open or closed.

As far as Arm/Disarm, I've been running the Nitrox config for some time. Maybe another user can confirm my observations with the new plugin.

Overall HS2 and new plugin is impressive, just needs a little debugging..

Thanks !

I just loaded the plugin in homsseer 1.7x and I can't get it to arm, the log says "No user authorized in partition 1", I can't change the user in the partition web page, and the ini file has AuthUser=0. Any ideas???

Back