New HomeSeer Caddx Plugin (JV Caddx)

BraveSirRobbin

I was cruising the ol' HomeSeer Forums and noticed that there is now a new plugin for us GE Caddx Security users called the JV Caddx Plugin which was written by jasv.

This program, which is currently in beta, offers the following features:

Web based config wizard
Multi Partition Support
Supports Bypassing of zones
Update custom messages to NX-148e/1192 LCD Keypads
Display temporary messages to a keypad with time out
Zone and Alarm based event triggers and conditons
Script support
Zone and Alarm based actions
Support for Aux1 & Aux2
Written in .Net 2.0
Sync Panel Clock with PC
Tightly integrated with HomeSeer 2.1

So now there is an alternative to the long existing Nitrox Caddx Plugin for HS 2.1 users. Also, this one as stated above, is written in .net and not Pearl.

Looks interesting! :rolleyes:

One thing has always confused me about Homeseer. Can you use more than one security panel at the same time? For example: could I run a caddx panel for security and an M1 just for automation inputs?

upstatemike said:
One thing has always confused me about Homeseer. Can you use more than one security panel at the same time? For example: could I run a caddx panel for security and an M1 just for automation inputs?
Yes, you could easily do this as long as you dedicated a serial port to each unit (which I'm sure you already knew).

HomeSeer just looks at the inputs and outputs of hardware such as Caddx and the Elk as "devices". It is up to you to determine what you want the devices to actually do via events or scripting. When the plugin installs it should detect which "house code" to use so one plugin will not write over another’s.

So unless I'm not seeing something that other HomeSeer users might catch, I see no problem with this. Also, I throw out my user caveat that I'm running HomeSeer 1.7 and using older versions of all related plugins and software (but my system will not go down unless I bring it down for updates and such).

Back