New HP TouchSmart PC

$
XP
It's not HP

Dunno about the white though.

Sucks how HP has hidden the specs on these things, Asus has theirs front and center. It's kinda obviouse they are going after two different markets.

$
XP
It's not HP

Dunno about the white though.

Sucks how HP has hidden the specs on these things, Asus has theirs front and center. It's kinda obviouse they are going after two different markets.

I'm pretty sure the Eee Top is available in either white or black same as the Eee Box.

I was looking at one of these too. Too bad they cost more than $1000. I think this would make a great VMC PC for bedroom and also allow me to use Premise from there :)

Are you guys waiting for windows 7 to come out though? Supposedly Windows 7 will give VMC and Media Player full UPnP control (ie PC to PC). This could allow a PC to act kind of like a media extender I'm hoping.

I was looking at one of these too. Too bad they cost more than $1000. I think this would make a great VMC PC for bedroom and also allow me to use Premise from there :)

Are you guys waiting for windows 7 to come out though? Supposedly Windows 7 will give VMC and Media Player full UPnP control (ie PC to PC). This could allow a PC to act kind of like a media extender I'm hoping.

Yes, win7 has improved the RDP capability but also has planned difficulty with keeping the primary PC logged in to the console and difficulty with multiple RDP sessions. Also not clear yet if one can RDP from an XP (Non Win7 PC) to get this improvement.

I have seen the 22 inch HP touchsmart for as low as $679 remanufactured. I was considering, but balked. eCost.com has it often (at a higher price). I was interested for the kitchen.

Back