New M1G and unexplained false alarms

The only thing I can say is I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DUPLICATE THIS "false" alarm. In the future I would not delete my log so I can send it to ELK to troubleshooting.

I'm hoping that Spanky can shed some light on this issue.

Digger said:
Well I am pretty sure the original alarm is valid in my case so I am not saying I have false alarms. I might have incorrect information in the log.
Yes, I'm not arguing that the ORIGINAL trip is false. But the subsequent trips are. It may only be a log issue for most people, but for someone like me who needs different action depending on the zone tripped, it's a huge issue. Motion in my unsecured garage is causing a false trip on my house. And when the police come out and find no evidence of forced entry, that's a false alarm to them. That's $50 out of my pocket each time, and worse yet, the concern that they will take future alarms from my house less seriously.

Just an a quick update regarding this issue:

I just posted the following message on the elk website to find out if they are actively doing anything about this issue.

Has Elk "officially" logged this issue as a bug and are there plans to correct it? I am experiencing the exact same issue as described in the previous post. For example, my wife accidentally tripped a back door zone (forgot to bypass it) and the alarm triggered as expected. When I check in the log I see the back door trip and then immediately following my 2 garage overhead doors trip (extended entry delay) and then the garage door to the house (standard entry delay). I have a pretty simple set up with only 8 zones defined in all. Currently 2 of these zones are set up for non alarm zones because I am trying out 2 motion detectors for sensitivity prior to making these active alarm zones.

This bug is a significant issue when trying to determine fales alarms becuase it falsely indicates that multiple zones have been tripped. I have recently added some rules to send emails based on zones being tripped so when I have an alarm I have good information regarding what is going on and possibly to understand if it might likely be a false alarm (such as if just one motion trips). This won't work if I am getting false zone trip information.

Thanks,
Matt

Back