Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - $129.99

IV , I assume you mean on cqc's website I can view those screenshots? I downloaded cqc but it doesnt open and work. Its already fustrated me, LOL. I will keep trying but i have no idea what i have done wrong. it all downloaded into a file i set up. when i hit set up its all errors. urgh!
]
mainlobby downloaded nicely. I am not sold on it yet either though. Sure are alot of extra modules you have to buy and download. still investigating.

I am not impressed with cqc's website. It looks like something a 12th grader designed. For a software professional company, the website sure doesnt give that impression as it appears to be something someone just through together. I doesnt have great pics and its not that user friendly. Course that doesnt mean their product doesnt rock. It may or may not be the best for me, not sure yet.

ok, i bought one. i hope if i decide to go with mainlobby it works there too, lol.
regardless, it will be a great addition for wireless access to email regardless of being able to be a part of the HA or not.

If RDP works on the 770, then it should display Mainlobby just fine too, with the same benefits and disadvantages.

Personally, I would not put the 770 in nearly the same league as any of the UMPCs. You can't compare the prices, because the devices are night / day. I tested the 770 when it first came out.

Great for the money, but I suspect it would be a paperweight in a month. Nice toy, but I wouldn't use it every day.

IV , I assume you mean on cqc's website I can view those screenshots?

Yes, on the CQC forums, not on the website.

I downloaded cqc but it doesnt open and work. Its already fustrated me, LOL. I will keep trying but i have no idea what i have done wrong...I am not impressed with cqc's website. It looks like something a 12th grader designed. For a software professional company, the website sure doesnt give that impression as it appears to be something someone just through together. I doesnt have great pics and its not that user friendly. Course that doesnt mean their product does rock. It may or may not be the best for me, not sure yet.

Nothing personal, but I am not getting into a negative conversation again. There's about a bazillion points I could make about every other package and how I could never get them to work (or stay working), but it has nothing to do with $130 Nokia 770's plus I don't think anyone wants to hear that again.

If you have issues with CQC, there's plenty of folks around. If it turns out that the lack of a professional website has soured you already, you may as well not bother with CQC first and see if HS/ML/Girder will do what you need. God knows there's enough difficulty in HA without forcing yourself to do something.

iv, calm down my friend, didnt mean to get you in a tizzy, lol. and no their website has NOT made a decision for me of yes or no, as i clearly stated. but your right, wrong forum, my bad!!!

we all know you are pro cqc and thats fine. good. and i am sure cqc likes that as well. lol. maybe their competitors need some iv's on their couldnt hurt, unless of course they act up. LOL ;)

anyhoot, i will keep reading and likely ask a few more questions. I hope you continue to reply to them.

inthemeantime, i bought the 770 and like i said even if it didnt fit my HA plans, its a "toy" that will get occassionaly use even if only while I am sitting in the bathroom. lol

Personally, I would not put the 770 in nearly the same league as any of the UMPCs. You can't compare the prices, because the devices are night / day. I tested the 770 when it first came out.

Great for the money, but I suspect it would be a paperweight in a month. Nice toy, but I wouldn't use it every day.

I would certainly agree that a Nokia 770 is not in the same league as a UMPC. Performance or price wise. For me, to get started, the Nokia price was right (even at $175 which is what I payed on E-Bay). It gives the feel of a nice wireless device, although the consistancy isn't there. For some people that is a deal breaker. For me, I don't mind having to reconnect it occasionally if it kept me from spending 800-1000 ona UMPC. I'll probably end up with a UMPC one day due to the consistancy issue, but the Nokia is a great little tablet.

You can also DL games for it - my wife likes the Tetris look alike ;)

(Oh, and the internet is good too - after all, it is an internet tablet).

Just a note for anyone that missed the Woot! on these, Buy.com has them for $139.00 HERE If you are new to Google Checkout, you can get an additional $10 off.

i have designed a complete set of templates specifically for the nokia 770 for CQC users. it works fantastic with no real flaws whatsoever. the device has a couple of quirks, but at $130 im not sure how you can do any better. you can see screenshots of my templates at:

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showt...875&page=10

start with post #96 to see the screenshots. users can download my template pack a little further in the thread.

anyone getting this to work for mainlobby? i understand can work but not recommened. I bought a 770 but may send it back if i cant use it with mainlobby. of course i wont use it for customer installs since its not recommended.

Fletch, Web interface. Only annoyance it having to press refresh on each new function/screen after a button push.

I'll be durned if I can find "...Web > View > Optimized view.
The Web page is fit to the width of the screen; text and
images are zoomed and scaled differently, if necessary.".

If fact, I can't find Web> anything except the browser and bookmarks. The pic I uploaded was with the full screen button pushed. I'd like to see how it optimizes a XL screen.

In the meantime, I'm going to the Nokia 770 site and check for software upgrades then probably see if I can set up a sip client. http://europe.nokia.com/770

Back