Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - $129.99

do you have a copy of the last timebomb free installer for xlobby? i had to rebuild my server but don't have the installer & the only thing available for download are the timebombed versions...
Here's a thread from the xlobby board with a link. Near the bottom, posted by PhilB
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...p;hilit=#p40172

jay at gladwyne.com

if anyone is using this with a customized homeseer touchpad interface, i'd sure like to see that too (and know how it's done!).

do you have a copy of the last timebomb free installer for xlobby? i had to rebuild my server but don't have the installer & the only thing available for download are the timebombed versions...
Here's a thread from the xlobby board with a link. Near the bottom, posted by PhilB
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...p;hilit=#p40172

i used the latest binary from above w/ the leftovers from an old backup & i'm up & running again. thanks!

still waiting for my 2 770s. should be coming tomorrow. !@#(# fed ex home doesn't deliver on mondays...

Continually pleased with this thing. Got a SIP client working with it this morning. Talking while walking around outside, controlling HS and playing XL's music library at the same time. :)

Continually pleased with this thing. Got a SIP client working with it this morning. Talking while walking around outside, controlling HS and playing XL's music library at the same time. :)

jay, what kind of interface to homeseer are you using?

mine finally came. charged it up @ connected to google's free wifi. it's a little slow. i guess i should spring for some larger rs-mmc cards.

thought that i would let current and potential users know that weve written a couple of scripts that will automatically connect to a wireless network and automatically bring up the RDP connect screen. you can find details on the CQC forum here:

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showt...521&page=10

its still being worked on, with the ultimate goal to be seamless boot, connect, connect rdp with no user intervention. shouldnt be long now!

jay, what kind of interface to homeseer are you using?

Using XLobby with XSeer plugin from this list - http://www.xlobby.com/files/Marbles_00/Xlo...Plugin_List.htm

Sorry for the delay. Have been away. Took my 770 and surfed and checked mail while waiting in airport terminals. :)

anyone getting this to work for mainlobby? i understand can work but not recommened. I bought a 770 but may send it back if i cant use it with mainlobby. of course i wont use it for customer installs since its not recommended.

I finally installed the latest version of rdesktop for the 770, Mainlobby works great, especially with all the 800x480 templates!

This little device has definitely exceeded my expectations. Also picked up a 512MB RS-MMC card for $8 on Amazon.

Much better than my Axim x50v for web browsing also.

I just added VNC to my 770 this morning. Great for controlling XL and probably any other similar app.

i'm still not sure what i'm supposed to be doing with this thing... i tried to run xlobby as jay had suggested, but couldn't get the main module up and running due to some dll problems (don't really remember the exact problem right now). i could install vnc on it as well, and vnc to my other computer, but doesn't that mean you need to have the interface running on that computer at all times? what if you use that computer for other things? you have to make sure no window is ever over your interface window? i'm a little disappointed that thing 770 only supports flash 6 (with no possibility of upgrade) when it appears all the real interface programs (MainLobby, Maestro... not considering CQC just for interface) all require at least flash 7. as of right now, it's sitting unused, so i would appreciate inspiration from anyone :)

EDIT: oh, and RDP is out because my host machine is XP Home, which doesn't support RDP hosting.

I thought I read somewhere that some people had figured out how to enable RD in XP home, might have to google for that one.

i looked around for it and saw a bunch of posts saying it was illegal and whatnot, but nothing on how to actually do it

Back