Ocelot, CMAX and Homeseer

jduncc

I have created a simple program in CMAX and I've uploaded it into my ocelot. Currently, I have HomeSeer sending all of its x10 commands through the ocelot. In my simple program, I have lights coming on at sunset, and then some of them turning off at sunrise, and a few earlier. The lights are coming on when they are suppose to, but they are not turning off. If I manually go into homeseer, I can right click on the individual lights and go to device command -> off. They all respond. The ocelot commands are not showing up in my log so I don't know how to tell if it is a problem with my program or a problem with the signals not reaching the lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Program:
0001 - IF Time of Day becomes = Sunset offset -20 minutes //
0002 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 1, Turn ON //
0003 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 2, Turn ON //
0004 - THEN X-10 House L / Unit 4, Turn ON //
0005 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 6, Turn ON //
0006 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 12, Turn ON //
0007 - End Program //
0008 - IF Time of Day becomes = 01:00 //
0009 - THEN X-10 House L / Unit 4, Turn OFF //
0010 - End Program //
0011 - IF Time of Day becomes = 00:00 //
0012 - THEN X-10 House L / Unit 6, Turn OFF //
0013 - End Program //
0014 - IF Time of Day becomes = Sunrise offset -59 minutes //
0015 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 1, Turn OFF //
0016 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 2, Turn OFF //
0017 - THEN X-10 House M / Unit 12, Turn OFF //
0018 - End Program //
0019 - IF X-10 House A / Unit 1, ON Command Pair //
0020 - THEN X-10 House L / Unit 5, Turn ON //
0021 - End Program //
0022 - IF X-10 House A / Unit 1, ON Command Pair //
0023 - THEN X-10 House L / Unit 5, Turn OFF //
0024 - End Program //

Instead of the quick on/off, try using single commands and see if you have more luck with that. I have no problems using the X10 ON/OFF myself, but have run into situations where I needed to use single commands to turn something on.

E, thanks, I'll give that a try. Also, do you know what I can do so that homeseer knows the commands the ocelot is sending? They aren't showing up in the log and the status isn't updating.

thanks.

I don't use my Ocelot as my Homeseer X10 interface, so I am afraid I can't be of much help there. Maybe someone else can chime in.

If you are using the default homeseer plugin, Then I believe Homeseer will not see the x10 commands that the Ocelot is sending.

If you use the ADIOcelot plugin not provided by HST then I believe you will be able to have Homeseer see the x10 sent by the Ocelot.

You can get the ADIOcelot plugin from the updater, It also has a lot of other nice features.

This is from memory, as I also do not use my Ocelot for X10.

StevenE

StevenE brings up a good point, if you use the Ocelot, you really want to use the ADIocelot plugin, it has much more to offer, and it sounds like it might resolve your issues as well.

Actually, I am already using the ADIOcelot plugin. I didn't change any of the default options, then I just tried checking the Process x10 transmit from ocelot. That doesn't appear to have done anything either.

if none of you guys are using the ocelot to process x10 for homeseer, what are you using?

First off you only need ONE "End Program" at, well, the end of the program. I'll continue looking at your code for further errors.

EDIT: Don't do any commands "right at" midnight. I had some issues when I did that and changed the time to 23:55.

BSR's observation is correct, as soon as it sees the first "END of Program", C-Max ignores the rest of your code. Remove all of them except the last one.

not sure how I missed that one, I made the exact same mistake when I first started out.

electron said:
not sure how I missed that one,...
Slipping a little are we!! ;) Actually I think I just lucked out myself noticing that! Also, we always have Guy around setting us straight when we need it though!

Back