Omni Pro II - HELP

Bitali

Hello All,

My name is Ben and I am new to this forum. I am located in Melbourne, Australia. Looks to be very informative so I am hoping you will all be able to help me.

I have recently purchased a house that is fully wired up with Leviton equipment.

The person I purchased the house off installs smart home technology for a living but I haven't been able to get him to help me with changes/programming so I decided to read and learn as much for myself as possible. I then hope I can make changes etc. myself. I am an electrician by trade and have done some programming in my life, however, looking at this system in my house with little information / no schematics / modules locations etc. is daunting.

Currently I cannot get the units connected to the internet... I have requested my internet provider to issue a static IP address

I have many questions and I am hoping you can help answer some.

The installation looks to comprise of many things, some items noted below:

1) An OmniProII Controller (20A00-2) - Although the enclosure not OmniIIE)
2) 4 x OmniTouch 7 screens (99A00-1)
3) HiFi 2  (95A00-2)
4) Expansion boards (17A00-8)
5) Omni-BUS relays (many of these)

Via the touch screens you can control the speakers in all rooms, electronic blinds and windows, CCTV camera, lights, alarm etc.

To start with:

What software do I need to obtain to be able to program the existing installation?

From reading it looks like ill need PC Access and OMNIBUS software, anything else?

1) Is the above correct?
2) Where can I buy/download this software?
3) What data/information do I need to be able to access the software? Passwords, IP address etc.? How do I get this information.
4) Where do I plug into use this software?
5) What phone apps do I need to mirror the touch screens? Is it snaplink? Hopefully once the system is connected to the internet I will be able to control the functions from my phone......

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben, I have similar system and am in Melbourne and may be able to offer required help. I have a bit of "my documentation" that I created when system was setup that may help answer some of the queries.Give me a call on 0407448859 and we can discuss.

You can contact Alloys Non-Trade Distribution.

1) Is the above correct?
 -- Yes
-- OmniBus Free 
-- PC Access I can send Link
3) What data/information do I need to be able to access the software? Passwords, IP address etc.? How do I get this information.
-- Controller's informations: Omni console (33A00-1)
-- OMNIBUS :  USB port or TCP/IP of OmniBus Translators (117A00-1 or 117A00-2)
-- PCAccess : TCP/IP

Hi LQtechvn,

Thank you for your response, appreciated.

Please see my below comments.

-- OmniBus Free  Great, where can I get this?
-- PC Access I can send Link That would be fantastic, will you send on here or my email [email protected].
-- Controller's informations: Omni console (33A00-1) - I have 1 of these but I will need to wire up and see if it works..... Is it true that if the installer code is not the default and has been changed, unless I can get it from the old installer then I will need a new controller?
-- OMNIBUS :  USB port or TCP/IP of OmniBus Translators (117A00-1 or 117A00-2) OK, and what is the main need to program these that you cannot do via PCAccess?
-- PCAccess : TCP/IP - OK

In regard to getting the system connected to the internet, I have DSL coming to the house modem with a Static IP address. The modem the has 3 devices connected. 2 switches and the OmniPro Controller. I now need to setup the port forwarding on the modem so hopefully once I get the information from the Omni Console, Ill be able to logon to my modem and set up by typing in the IP address and Port Number. Is this correct?

I also want to get my phone connected to the system. Should I download snaplink once the above is working and it should connect up?

Thanks,

Ben

Back