OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

@rsw686 Thanks for catching that. I actually noticed it and edited my post to show it is enabled.
@grantlewis The template that I see looks like this:
```
logins: []
customize:
  active: false
  folder: mosquitto
certfile: fullchain.pem
keyfile: privkey.pem
require_certificate: false

```
I presume that I add the username and password into the logins line? What is the syntax?

I figured out the syntax and voilà, it is now showing devices (under Configuration-> MQTT->)!! However, there is no status associated with my 200+ entities.
How do I get to show status, etc on the Dashboard? Is that setup automagically or do I create a custom dashboard?

I guess I add a card and select the device?

P.S. I managed to add a thermostat which shows the correct temps and I can change the settings. Whoopee!
Thanks to all for your expert help (and patience).

Congrats!

<I guess I add a card and select the device?>

Yep, pretty much. HA's user interface is called lovelace and is pretty easy to work with. Click the three vertical dots in the upper right of the HA window, choose to Edit the Dashboard, and then add cards. The Entity card is probably the easiest to get started with.

If you look in Developer Tools | States, you'll see a listing of all entities that HA knows about. You'll find your OmniPro entities there. Your OmniPro flags will be listed as switches; which, incidentally, is a great way to talk across platforms. Just create a flag on the Omni side and after a restart of HA/Mosquitto, it'll show up on the HA side where you can manipulate it for this-or-that reason. (And incidentally if you need a similar dummy switch on the HA side only, those are called input booleans.)

Feel free to ask more questions. Ryan's bridge is "miracle software" as far as I'm concerned! And Home Assistant is like having a brand new box of toys -- one with a very deep bottom. Enjoy!

PS. One more thing you'll probably want to get started with is customizing entities: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/customizing-devices/

Is there a way for me to see the real-time status (i.e. actively cooling or heating) of a thermostat and put it on the card on the dashboard?  I can see the cool setting and the current temp but not the status.

I don't have anything like that configured on my system and have no guess whether there's an "out of the box" solution available. I could cobble something together, but it'd be mighty convoluted. It'd look something like this:

1, Create two flags on the Omni to track, maybe something like current_heat and current_cool

2, Create automations on the Omni that control those flags:

EVERY 30 SECONDS
        AND IF Upper Tstat SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
            THEN current_heat ON

(etc.)

Those flags will show up in HA as switches

Create template sensors in HA that watch the state of those flags/switches:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      current_hvac_mode:
        value_template: >-
          {% if is_state('current_heat', 'on') %}
            Heating
          {% elif is_state('current_cool', 'on') %}
            Cooling
        {% else %}
          Off
        {% endif %}

Then display the value of the sensor in Lovelace. Note that I haven't proofed any of the above. Just spitballing.

Developer Tools-> States shows a device (thermostat) climate.family_room that says supported_features:26. To what does this refer?

Yes, that sounds like it would work but somehow Haiku sees this status change without new flags being created on the HAI so I thought that perhaps that status is exposed to the OLB.

ihf said:
ihf, on 20 Jul 2021 - 18:00, said:
Is there a way for me to see the real-time status (i.e. actively cooling or heating) of a thermostat and put it on the card on the dashboard? I can see the cool setting and the current temp but not the status.
I actually have this working on the dev branch of OmniLinkBridge. I did introduce a potentially breaking change for those subscribing to the thermostat/current_operation MQTT topic. Currently thermostat/current_operation has idle, cool, and heat as the values. Home Assistant expects them to be implemented as idle, cooling, and heating. I'll see if I can get a new version released shortly.

That's good to hear.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to create an automation that sets the cool setpoint on a thermostat to a value at a fixed time. I created a simple automation that looks like this:
```
alias: set FR cooling to 85
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '23:13'
condition: []
action:
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 85
    target:
      entity_id: climate.family_room
mode: single
```

However it does not work. Perhaps climate.set_temperature does not set the cool setpoint?

I just released version 1.1.10, which has the thermostat current status and adds switches to bypass/restore zones from Home Assistant.

ihf said:
That's good to hear.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to create an automation that sets the cool setpoint on a thermostat to a value at a fixed time. I created a simple automation that looks like this:

You need to set target_temp_hgih and target_temp_low instead of temperature. Please refer to https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/climate/#service-climateset_temperature

rsw686 said:
I just released version 1.1.10, which has the thermostat current status and adds switches to bypass/restore zones from Home Assistant.
Thanks, Ryan! Up and running without a hitch. Really appreciate your continued work!

dl2wnjG.png

I am still trying to get this simple automation to work.

service: climate.set_temperature
data:
  target_temp_high: 75
target:
  entity_id: climate.family_room

When I create the automation in Safari and after I enable it, then go to another page and then come back, the automation shows that it is not enabled. Using the ios app this does not seem to happen. Also, I cannot get this simple action to work. I run it but the cooling temp does not change. I am sure that I am doing something wrong but what might that be?

Bit more strange. I cannot get the action to work unless I set BOTH target_temp_high AND target_temp_low to 75. Either one alone does nothing.

Back