OmniTouch 5.7e Touchscreen - email

jlipsit

Hi All,

I was hoping that some of the experienced HAI guys could help me solve a problem. I have an OmniPro II system with 2 OmniTouch 5.7e screens. I have Automation Studio and Dealer Access software. (All brand new latest firmware and software all the way around)

When the OmniTouch 5.7e screens were developed by HAI they created the ability to send email notifications through the screens since they were running embedded CE and were connected to the internet. 

Quote From HAI/Leviton website TODAY!: "Notifications - The OmniTouch 5.7e Touchscreen may be configured to send out e-mails based upon events in the HAI home control system. For example, when Brenda comes home from school her parents can receive an e-mail notification that she has arrived at home and disarmed the security system."

This was a major reason I selected the HAI system was to have a reliable embedded controller that would be able to send email-notifications to the user's via email SMS.

However the email "Action" did not allow you to specify Ports or a username and password.

Flash forward to 2013 and now it can't be used with 99% of the internet service providers, that require this information.

I spoke with HAI and they are aware of the problem and say that there is little chance that it will be fixed. In fact the 5.7e is being discontinued.  

This really surprises me because I can image that there are hundreds of installations where end users are no longer getting notifications, and HAI is not doing anything to correct this.

Anyway.. Does anyone have any SMTP providers that don't require authentication, or know of a workaround that does not involve a external PC?

Thanks,

Jim

Here I started to utilize STunnel a few years back having a similiar issue with Homeseer.   

That said today I still utilize it by just telling any PC on the network to use the HS IP.   Works fine.  Most recently testing the HAI logger program sending emails out via STunnel running on another computer.

You would have to run STunnel as a service on another PC that is on 24/7.

Doing a google search STunnel also runs on Microsoft CE.  Not sure how much it would ding the CPU though running on the Omnitouch 5.7e.

https://www.stunnel.org/index.html

I have one CE touchscreen that I haven't really played much with in the last year or so...thinking it has an 800Mhz ARM CPU in it.....I will give it a try on that one...

Back