On Edge - House Burglarized

Truly sorry this happened to you...

I agree with the above don't change your programming to get around sensors not sticking.  Fix the sensors.  Check em and fix em and chalk the false alarm up to a test of your system where everything worked as designed, use it as an opportunity to think about what you and your family would do if it had been real, and try to take comfort in the system working and you now having a plan to deal with it.  

Maybe also think about bolstering your security, how did they get it, reinforce that and other weak points, maybe even document all of your belongings for insurance purposes, etc.   Even if you only take small actions it can help you and your family gain back the feeling of control and some peace of mind...

My system will fire screamers and every light in my house pulses on and off once per second. Also all my window shapes go to full open. I also have outside sounders.

Finally, I built a secret bug out room with a hidden door where we can go. It can't be found unless you know exactly where it is. Then it is locked from the inside anyway.

bucko said:
My system will fire screamers and every light in my house pulses on and off once per second. Also all my window shapes go to full open. I also have outside sounders.

Finally, I built a secret bug out room with a hidden door where we can go. It can't be found unless you know exactly where it is. Then it is locked from the inside anyway.

I got a headache just reading that :)

bucko said:
As for the false alarm, bottom line the M1 did it's job perfectly. If you arm your system in stay node, you instead SHOULD be using night mode instead, so that even your doors are instant (no entry delay). Nothing should be delayed at night!

I didn't see where in ElkRP you can set this up. This is a great idea and I want to implement this. Can you point me in the right direction?

Matt

Yes I can monitor all cams, controls, lighting, Elk from my bug out room. I can also listen in with mics.

I am out of the country right now so I cannot point you menu wise to this area. If you look in the Elk manual it explains all this about the different arming modes and how to use each one.

Back