OP2 Communication Issues

Jrock

Communication with my OP2 via phone or iPod (@Home App) has been working flawlessly since I set everything up about 2 years ago.

After accidentally wiping my iPod and reinstalling the app it no longer worked. I would get a connection error when trying to connect. I didn't really care because I only used it to show off the system.

The other day I called the system put in my password and it immediatley hung up on me. I called back and got the same results. I then purposly set off the alarm and it did not call me to alert me of the intrusion as it normally would.

I also keep SnapLink running on my desktop and as of lately I have to disconnect and reconnect almost every time I try to use it.

No changes have been made other than the addition of 2 motion sesors. Any ideas and or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Jeff

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk

Somewhere along the line of updating my FW on my OPII I had some comm issues; mostly seen with the Omnistat2 / Omnitouch 5.7 communicating with the OPII. I think it was early levels of V3.X. I didn't notice though any serial comm issues with the Russound at the time. I also would have some unexplicable time of day changes where I would lose up to almost an hour of time in a span of 24 hours.

Updating the FW on the OPII to most current level / and doing the PCA software update to most current revision fixed the comm issues. I am not seeing any at this time.

I can't say that upgrading your FW/SW will solve your problems relating to serial communications; but it did work for me.

I have noticed a few times the ethernet interface gets borked and get connect issues similar to what you describe. Have you done a complete power off/battery disconnect? If not, try it... That's one of the reasons I installed an Elk-965 master power switch (one of the few short sighted things on OPII) and I love it. Works just like the built in master switch on Elk M1, shuts down panel and battery.

Thank you for your replies.

I have the latest firmware and version of PC Access and I tried a complete power off/battery disconnect. Unfortunately, I am still having communication issues.

One thing I found interesting was that the @Home app still does not work on my iPod Touch, however I installed the Haiku app and that works.

Back