Outdoor Camera Mount

Monk

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent outdoor camera mount? The ones that came with my Foscams are a bit "cheap" and a little to lightweight.

Thanks!

STI, EMI Security, and Moog Videolarm all come to mind, but the enclosures are all going to be pricey in comparison to a different style camera.

This is a simple mount - here is a picture with the original mount screwed in.

foscam.JPG

I have found some "Panavise" brand mount I am probably going to buy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Question: Those Foscams can be put outdoors or any cam can be made 'outdoor' with a good enclosure?
The particular model I have is outdoor rated as-is. Anymore it's just as easy to buy an inexpensive outdoor rated cam rather than purchase an enclosure. YMMV

The particular model I have is outdoor rated as-is. Anymore it's just as easy to buy an inexpensive outdoor rated cam rather than purchase an enclosure. YMMV

do you guys use enclosures to protect from weather or vandalism? or are you able to use 'indoor' cameras since the enclosure protects them from the elements?

I've never used enclosures - and have had few problems.

do you guys use enclosures to protect from weather or vandalism? or are you able to use 'indoor' cameras since the enclosure protects them from the elements?

I've never used enclosures - and have had few problems.

Hi, Jeff.

My box cams using the Pelco enclosures listed in Post #2 above are indoor cams from IQeye. My enclosures have 24V blowers and heaters in them, but in SW FL, I don't need them, so I don't use them.

Kevin

check ebay.. I bought a mount for a axis camera recently there.. all those cameras should use the same size mount screw

I have a Panasonic BB-HCM511A that I like (currently used in my garage). (I know there's better solutions, but I like it because it's POE). Anyway, I want to put a couple outside. The locations I want to put them are basically covered and they wont' get rained on. I live in Houston and it doesn't get too cold (maybe 1-2 light freezes each winter). Is there any reason I can't put these cameras outside?

Panasonic also sells an 'outdoor version' BB-HCM531A, but from what I can tell, it's the same camera, but comes with a rain shield to put over top, and some foams and tapes to seal to cable entries. (and costs an extra $200). In my view, my covered patio is just as good as a plastic rain shield.

Indeed - they are all steel, EXCEPT for the head - the part that the thumbscrew is on - that part is also heavy but some sort of "pot metal" - will see how they hold up.

I have a Panasonic BB-HCM511A that I like (currently used in my garage). (I know there's better solutions, but I like it because it's POE). Anyway, I want to put a couple outside. The locations I want to put them are basically covered and they wont' get rained on. I live in Houston and it doesn't get too cold (maybe 1-2 light freezes each winter). Is there any reason I can't put these cameras outside?

Panasonic also sells an 'outdoor version' BB-HCM531A, but from what I can tell, it's the same camera, but comes with a rain shield to put over top, and some foams and tapes to seal to cable entries. (and costs an extra $200). In my view, my covered patio is just as good as a plastic rain shield.

I'd want to know more, usually outdoor cameras, or at least the better ones, have some sort of heater to help with condensation, and in your case, I'd be worried about humidity if it's not an outdoor rated camera. YMMV.

I'd want to know more, usually outdoor cameras, or at least the better ones, have some sort of heater to help with condensation, and in your case, I'd be worried about humidity if it's not an outdoor rated camera. YMMV.
My cams are indoor box cams, and I use the housings in Post #2 above. I'm in SW Florida, where it's pretty humid. I don't use the blowers or heaters and haven't had any problems with condensation or fogging. The cams themselves generate some heat, so it's my belief this small amount of heat is enough to keep the interior of the housing dry.

Kevin

Back