Owners/Installers of CAV6.6

kimvi

I have pretty much decided to purchase the CAV6.6. Looking for some feedback on:

1. Was it pretty easy to setup?
2. Are you able to link together to create more than 6 sources?
3. Did it work as advertised?
4. Are you happy with the final product?

I talked to the ELK, Russound Software Guru (ChrisRM) to get his opinion:

1. Was it pretty easy to setup? Very Easy. He said when he hooked up the Media Server, he put a CD into the drive and started reading the instruction manual to see how to rip the CDs and before he could find the instructions, the media server had ripped the CD and got the album art off the web automatically.
2. Are you able to link together to create more than 6 sources? Link up to 36 output zones with a total of 6 sources by adding more CAV/CAM6.6 distribution amps.
3. Did it work as advertised? Yes, very nice system.
4. Are you happy with the final product? Very happy. Will have the system in his house soon.

He had no reservations in any area. He said that he added some unique functionality to the ELKRM Russound Interface, like displaying album art.

He has interfaced ELKRM to Russound:
CAV/CAM 6.6 video music distribution amp,
IPOD Bridge,
Satellite Receiver,
AM/FM Tuner,
Media Server,
a CD Changer with IR control from the CAV6.6

kimvi, Cinemar has a LOT of CAV6 owners using MainLobby to integrate touchscreens to the very nice CAV6 hardware. They just don't post here :)

I think the CAV6.6 is one of the more popular choices when it comes to whole house audio in it's price range. There are some cheaper manufactures and some more expensive manufactures as well, but in that price range the CAV6.6 seems to be very popluar. It has a serial control port and many home automation systems will be able to integrate the CAV6.6 into it.

If it meets your needs as far as number of inputs and outputs and it's in your price range, I don't think you can go wrong getting it.

Back