PHOTOBEAM WITH ELK M1

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to install a NO or NC photobeam wireless to my M1?  Would like to have it signal the system same as a door sensor (beep at keypad)  Thanks!

I don't know of any wireless photo electric beam sensors that are compatible with any of the Elk wireless receivers.  I suspect that one reason for this is that the beam requires some significant power, which doesn't work well with batteries. 

If you are just trying to avoid running a wire back to the M1, but have a power source available for the beam, then you could use a wired beam sensor and connect it up to a Honeywell 5816, an Interlogix TX-E Series Door/Window Sensor, or an Elk 6022, all of which have auxiliary wired inputs to the wireless transmitter.

Back in the 1980's used photobeam(s) on my driveway connected to the then combo alarm panel.  It worked well 99% of the time.

I did at the time build a new garage and driveway and ran infrastructure adjacent to the driveway (gas, water, wires).

I did it myself before the cement was poured at the time.  It did not take that long to do.  Do recall that the cement driveway cost twice the price of the new garage (24 X 24) at the time.

Back