problem programming vista 20p?

I programmed my ademco vista 20p panel and disabled all the zones not being used but my keypad still shows trouble with zones 5 and 6 even though they are set as disabled. I connected to the panel via the compass software to verify that they are set to disabled..... any ideas?

Thanks

Philip

I programmed my ademco vista 20p panel and disabled all the zones not being used but my keypad still shows trouble with zones 5 and 6 even though they are set as disabled. I connected to the panel via the compass software to verify that they are set to disabled..... any ideas?

Thanks

Philip
I have programmed many of these, but I don't use compass, I just use the user keypad or an alpha keypad to program. But, in any case, two things come to mind.
1. Sometimes error codes are not cleared until the panel is set to program mode and then reset to normal. I doubt if this is it since you should have set to program mode in compass to delete zones 5 and 6.
2. If zones 5 and 6 were ever used as wireless zones, and the RF ID codes were not entirely deleted out of the zones, it is possible that this could be the source of the trouble. Simply disabling the zone does not clear out the RF ID number in the zone memory. There is a sequence of steps required to delete the zones entirely and I cant tell you how to do this in compass. But if you have an alpha keypad and programming manual, the manual will tell you how to do it.

If the keypad says "Check Zone 5", then enter your 4 digit code, hit "off" then repeat your 4 digit code and off again. this should clear it.

Throw a resistor across the zones and see if the check clears. Check that the zone type is set to 00 (I think) for disabled.

Back