Programming Honeywell 20P for COSMO-2W

fpadar

I have a COSMO-2W Smoke / CO detector and a COSMOD2W I am trying to connect to my Honeywell 20P panel and I have 2 questions:

1.  Should the zone type be 9 (Supervised Fire) or 16 (Fire w/Verification) for the Smoke Detector?  My concern with using zone type 16 is that it will reset the smoke detector power if it is shorted, and when power is reset to the COSMOD2W, the CO zone will go into trouble.
2.  Is it ok to connect the COSMOD2W Smoke and CO to hardwired zones that are on a zone doubling circuit? 

I would configure it as a Supervised Fire zone.  I wouldn't use the w/ Verification zone type as it delays the signalling of the alarm.

Zone doubling should not be used with fire zones.

I know that both Smoke Detectors and CO Detectors are NO, and they use the EOL resister to be Supervised.  When programming the zone in a Honeywell 20P panel, I am using a zone type 9 for the smoke detector and a zone type 14 for the CO detector, but do I use a Hardwire type as 0 (EOL) or 2 (NO)?  I assume it should be 0 - EOL since I have a resister across the Detector to ensure it is supervised, but I want to make sure I have the correct Hardwire Type, as I don't want the sensor to go off and short the connect and have the panel show it as a "trouble" instead of an issue.

Back